It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Tsh Wow!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
stardust39
(female)

stardust39 HB User
Tsh Wow!!!

Ok I am getting RAI done on the 19th (for the second time).. Went for my tsh test it is 95.38 WOW No wonder I feel so bad... and I have 1 week to go this is just crazy...... mars

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Benzi
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Re: Tsh Wow!!!

Wow is right, how are you handling this? I think mine was 80 once and my eyes were swelled shut. What are you having the RAI for? I am going hypo for WBS have about 2 weeks to go and am on a low iodine diet.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #3
softcrush
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Sardust:

I'm wondering if it necessary for it to be that high....and if the doctor is putting your overall health at risk. For thyroid CA patients the TSH only has to be at about 30 for RAI....so your's is very high. Mine was at a 100 for a couple months...and I do believe I have brain permanent damage.

If you want to look it up on-line there is something called "Myopathy".

Good luck....

~S

Old 04-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #4
hilery79
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Oh my, mars...you have to feel awful! My tsh was almost up to 100 before my first treatment. I was so miserable and tired that my husband ended up missing a lot of work because I couldn't even take care of the kids. It was awful. The 2nd time my Dr. said he'd do the scan as soon as my tsh hit 30...it only took 2 weeks.

Hang in there...I know it's rough! You're in my thoughts.
Hilery

Old 04-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
hilery79
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Mars, I just remembered..you have a big family don't you? If I remember correctly...8 children? You have to be going nuts about now! Do you have someone helping you around the house until this is all over with? Maybe your Dr. could go ahead and give you your treatment this week, so you don't have to walk around for another week feeling this way. I guess it will take awhile for your meds to kick in again after the RAI, but the sooner you can get back on them...the better! I really feel for you. I had a hard time taking care of just my 2 girls.

Good luck with your treatment! Just remember to drink lots and lots of water right after you take the RAI! I really think this is the key to avoiding those unwanted side effects.

Best wishes

Old 04-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
stardust39
(female)

stardust39 HB User

well I did it and I have felt ok .. This second time with RAI was sure different due to the wonderful tip of DRINK lots of GOOD WATER... I did and boy things went well... I feel ok ,sick to my stomach at times but better... I will be going in this week Wed for the body scan and will post later on that..Thank you all for you help... and prayers... God Bless you ,Mars

p.s. Hillery you are right I do have a few children at home we have 9 wonderful angels.... and they keep us young

Old 04-18-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
hilery79
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

I'm so glad to hear things went a lot better this time! I hope you didn't have to stay away from your little ones too long. I bet they missed you! That was the hardest part for me...thankfully I live in a state where I didn't have to be kept in isolation. So, my mom took them for 4 or 5 days and then they were able to come back home. Good luck with your scan...I hope everything turns out well! Hilery

Old 04-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #8
lifewithtwins
(female)

lifewithtwins HB User

In my experience, it has to be over 80 for a RAI treatment. I have had three treatments and I was always monitored and the radiation oncologist wouldn't schedule the treatment until I hit at least 80.

Good luck.

Closed Thread