It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

So many questions, so few answers!...anyone?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
nate911
(male)

nate911 HB User
Question So many questions, so few answers!...anyone?

Hi everyone,

I seem to be like a lot of people out there, and like a lot of you who have posted on this board. I have symptoms... nothing too horrible, but things that have been bugging me and making me worry. I've gone to the doctor about 5 times in the last month. Each time she tells me its something related to stress, or that I need to be put on anti-depressants. This is extremely, EXTREMELY frustrating... she even looked me in the eyes and said "Now, does it help that I tell you you're not dying?" Well gee thanks! LOL. I know I'm not dying, I'm not an anxious person, and I'm not someone who has ever had problems with depression... this is what has been happening...

I started getting headaches, not painful ones, just lightheadedness with the occasional pressure in my forehead. So first thing 1) I must have sinus problems or 2) I have tension headaches...
but I had xrays, its not my sinuses
and the headaches MAY have something to do with tension headaches, but I have other symtoms that go along with it like
-anxiety
-restlessness
-shaky hands
-fast resting heart rate (within normal but between 90-100)
-nervousness
-loss of apetite
-high energy, everything I do is "fast"... talking, etc.
-difficulty falling asleep, I can feel my heart beating, and I can't seem to slow down
-I used to require like 8 hours of sleep, now I wake up after 7 hours and I don't even need to wipe my eyes, its like I've never slept, I'm still 100% alert.

I just feel like I'm always on 5th gear...

I haven't really had any weight loss, but I've had swollen glands in my neck, and a sore throat... connected? I don't know

They put me on antibiotics since I had high white blood cell counts
That seemed to get rid of the gland inflammation and fever I had...

But the rest remains...

I keep trying to convince myself I've always been this way...
but its not true...
I just always feel so agitated... and restless, and my high heart rate really bothers me...
I've been so anxious about everything in my life... and thats not me, I'm not one to let anxiety take control.. but it has been

The doctor perscribed me anti-depressants, but I won't take them... I just don't feel I need medicine like that to make me better... I'm not depressed at all.

Can anyone help me? Does this sound like it could be hyperthyroidism? Or am I completely off the wall here? Any comments and input are greatly appreciated!!!
Not knowing whats wrong with you has to be one of the most frustrating things a person must go through!!

Oh and I'm 22/male, healthy... or so I thought, :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #2
cherokeeblond
(female)

cherokeeblond HB User
Re: So many questions, so few answers!...anyone?

Hey, what do I know, but you sound like you might already know it's your thyroid. And I felt like you do ~alot, when I was first diagnosed as Lactose intolerant. But it literally took months for them to find out what was wrong with me. I would eat something dairy, panic, breath too fast and then the affects of too much oxygen would make me feel like doomsday was upon me. High heart rate, no reason in MY mind.........They looked me in the eyes and said I was not dying too. They tried to give me meds that would redo my thinking in a positive way.....but I didn't want that. So, I'm just saying keep going in 'til you know what this is. Because the body does not lie.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:31 AM   #3
Lady50
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Hello, The shaky hands and nevousness, sweating, rapid heartbeat, feeling your heartbeat when you lay down, frequent bowel movements, protruding eyes. These are all symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

I would push for bloodtests. TSH, ft4 and Ft3 and antibodies test.

Good luck

Old 04-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #4
nate911
(male)

nate911 HB User

Thanks!

Yeah I have another doctors appointment on April 26th. its exactly to get my ears cleaned! LOL but I'm will slip in the "soooo... how about some blood tests"... Thanks for the info and help!

-Nathan

Closed Thread