It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

ladies...a bit of a personal question...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
dcp
(female)

dcp HB User
ladies...a bit of a personal question...

Hi there! I have tried to get in with a DO at our premier hospital (I found her on top doc)...anyway, I have a question while I'm waiting for an appointment. Is there a chance that being hypo can interfer with your sex drive (as in "it's in park"???) As if all the other symptoms weren't weighing heavily on my marriage (oopps, fell asleep while the washer was going and never got the clothes into the dryer...sleeping in sweats and wool socks because I'm too cold in my nightgown...spending a fortune on moisturizer and hair care products trying to find something to help skin and hair...putting the whole house on restricted diets and spending an hour each morning on the treadmill trying to fight my metabolism, kids asleep at 8:30, me asleep by 8:35) the whole low libido thing is just the icing on the cake. Was sort of hoping it may also be attributed to hypo/hashi and perhaps meds/armour may help. Sorry for delving into the personal side but I was ever so curious. (fingers crossed)...if so, did meds help any other gals out there with this issue??? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
wxKathy2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User
Re: ladies...a bit of a personal question...

Hi - Don't know if it's thyroid - but it's the same for me - I don't have hashi's but I have 7 nodules and mostly all hypo symptoms - I can relate completely - I never feel good and if I do have a little energy after working full time - the drive is in "park" as you say...(i'm 40 yrs old and thyroid problem started at 37 yrs old).

Kathy

Old 04-18-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
midwest1
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Absolutely. HypoT can slo-o-o-oow everything... including libido.
Hope you get an appt soon!

Old 04-18-2005, 06:04 AM   #4
diatron

diatron HB User

Ah yes, I can relate. I finally found my libido again on thyroid hormones.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:28 AM   #5
hrtofluv
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

Oh yeah - your thyroid is doing that too along with all your other symptoms.
After a few weeks on my meds and I was approaching my husband - he rejoiced and said whatever we paid my new doc was not enough! He was going to send him a card or something!!!! Woohoo!!!
That is one of the main symptoms I notice when my meds need adjusting - going to bed early and wanting to be alone so I can get some good sleep along with wearing the thermal pjs.
Plus also one of the gals mentioned being able to laugh again - this was another HUGE change for me too - I have laughed more in the last 11 months than I did the previous 6 years altogether!!!!
I too hope you get your appt soon! You and your husband will notice a BIG difference.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:11 AM   #6
skewch
(female)

skewch HB User

Well, I know for me, after I had my daughter, who's now 7 yrs old, my sex drive is almost non-existent. I find I could care less about it. My husband was quite worried when he heard that after my thyroid came out I would be severely hypoT with very low libido and he's like how much lower can it go? LOLOL

I don't completely blame my thyroid problems on low sex drive. I find its the fact I have been a parent for 14 yrs already, I am drained by the end of the day. I used to work full time before my daughter was born, and having a full time job as well as a all the household duties, I just didn't want to do anything else at the end of it all. The only time I get in the mood is when I've had a few drinks, and I haven't done that in a long time. I'm not even sure what it feels like to be the initiator, as it's been a while.

I also blame age, but at 35, I heard that's your prime??? My prime was 20 LOL. I wish I could have that energy back...would be a treat!

Old 04-18-2005, 07:22 AM   #7
hrtofluv
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

skewch
Have you been in my house?! I swear I could have written that post even your husband's comment - could it get any lower - HAHAHAHA!!!!
The only differences between you and I is that my daughter will be 6 tomorrow, I'm 37, still FT employed, and I would LOVE for them to remove my thyroid. Mine's just non-functioning though not lumped up.
Anyway - just thought you should know you have an almost-twin here.
And I prior to the meds, I've not been an initiator since I was trying to get pg with my daughter - and then even he knew it was just to make a baby - LOL!!!

Old 04-18-2005, 08:42 AM   #8
skewch
(female)

skewch HB User

hrtofluv, I thought I was the only one!! And we all know men, they need it like they need to breathe!! I just don't feel a need for it. I don't think about it much and when I do, it's "oh geez, it's been a while, if I don't mention it, maybe he'll forget" LOL

Old 04-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #9
hrtofluv
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

HAHA!!! Mine has always been - oh geez it's been awhile - guess I better or he'll find it elsewhere.
The even funnier thing was that while I was still severly hypoT (before last May), I flat out told him if he wanted to go get it elsewhere cause I had no desire and no energy. He reminds me of that now and I have to smile. Glad he never did!!!
Now I wonder if he might be a little too cause he would tell me that he didn't have the energy to deal with another woman! I just think he didn't have the money - hahahaha!!!!
Glad that is all in the past now!

Closed Thread