It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• adrenal fatigue and Thyroid meds dosing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
    pixiek
    Inactive
    (female)

pixiek HB User
    adrenal fatigue and Thyroid meds dosing

Hi. I am not an expert here but from what I gather this is the scoop on adrenal fatigue and dosing with thyroid meds (I am an armour by the way, but probably the same for all dosing like synthroid as well.)

1. If you have severe adrenal fatigue, adrenal support can help you work up to your correct dose of thyroid meds (upping doses with adrenal fatigue can give you hyper like symptoms). But once you get to your optimal thyroid meds dose and are feeling pretty well, it would be a good idea to then wean off the adrenal support and let your adrenals slowly start taking over again...this is more natural.

2. If you have mild adrenal fatigue, you could take some support for about two weeks to help you get over the bumps of thyrodi meds increases OR just simply go very, very slowly in your thyroid meds increase and let your adrenals catch up little by little with these thyroid meds increases.

3. Some people are severly adrenal fatigued and may have to stay on adrenal support all their lives.

Does this sound right to you all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
    nimbeth
    (female)

nimbeth HB User
    Re: adrenal fatigue and Thyroid meds dosing

Great questions! I am interested in those answers as well...

Closed Thread