It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Hashimoto's AND multinodular goiter???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #1
    dbcooper
    (female)

dbcooper HB User
    Hashimoto's AND multinodular goiter???

This forum has been super helpful. Thnaks for all the info and stories.

I originally went in to see my PCP for joint pain and rediculously high cholesterol (334.) She did a TSH test which came back 5.7. She put me on 25mcg. In the past I've had docs comment on my enlarged thyroid but the labs always came back normal. This time she ordered more labs and an ultrasound. Lab results were...

TPO >70 range <2
    Thyroxine-Free 0.9 range .8-1.8
    TSH 3.7 range .4-5.5

Ultrasound report said I had a classic multinodular goiter. When my PCP called with results she told me about the goiter. At first she said nothing about the lab results. When I pointed out that the lab results indicated I had Hashimoto's she replied that I did and that the Hashimoto's caused the goiter, that it was nothing to worry about and to stay on the meds. She told me to come back for more lab work in 3 months.

After doing a bunch of internet research, I haven't found anything that says Hashimoto's CAUSES a multinodular goiter. Rather, it seems they are two seperate things that can happen together.

Does anyone know of having both these things and their relationship to each other? What is the treatment for a multinodular goiter?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-08-2005 at 09:14 AM. Reason: please do not make duplicate posts - please follow your other topic

The Following User Says Thank You to dbcooper For This Useful Post:
    dollyfossit (03-24-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread