It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Disappearing Nodule

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
    ker1079

ker1079 HB User
    Disappearing Nodule

Hi everyone,

I had a nodule on my thyroid that measured 3.3 x 2.4 x 2.7 cm one year ago. Also my thyroid lobes were enlarged, but my thyroid always tested in normal ranges. About 2 months later this nodule just disappered on it's own. I went for another ultrasound and all they found were two very small nodules. The doctor and radiologist have no clue how it could have just disappered on it's own being that i never had any thryroid medicine or sugery. ? Is it possible that this enlargement/shrinking of the nodule was due to thryroid antibodies? Can they make the gland enlarge and then shrink? I am so confused about all this. I was never tested for the antibodies. My symoptoms are IBS, frequent infections, mouth ulcers, tiredness, very cold hands/feet, carpel tunnel that comes and goes, random papiltations *usually when i am lying in bed *,reddish type nodules on top of my knuckles. I am so sick of looking for an answer to all of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
    kellyr16

kellyr16 HB User
    Re: Disappearing Nodule

I had smaller nodules that disappeared but I was on meds. My doctor just said that if they are cystic, fluid filled nodules, sometimes they will go away. I am really confused as to what causes them. I've been told different stories by different doctors. I've heard I had Hashi's and Thyroiditis, I've been told I was hyperthyroid with Graves disease and I was just told today that what I had was probably post partum thyroiditis. Now they said my numbers are normal but I still don't feel that great. My thyroid is also still swollen. I had one doctor say it would go down and another told me it wouldn't.

Closed Thread