It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Thyroid and THS levels

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
    tweetygurl
    (female)

tweetygurl HB User
    Question Thyroid and THS levels

I am having all the symptoms of thyroid disease although my Dr said my THS levels are normal, 2 years ago I requested a scan on my thyroid due to my neck swelling and turning red, which it was found that I have 1 small cyst on my thyroid now it has turned into 6 small cyst on my thyroid. although my Dr said this is not to be of a concern.
    Now my symptoms are worsening, I have been having dizziness with severe vertigo. Tachycardia (rapid heart beat). I have been tested for heart disease and have had to wear a Heart halter and all the Cardiologist has told me is that the top part of my heart is not beating right. it is rapid all the time. which I understand can be from thyroid troubles, I had a stress test which came out normal also.
    List of symptoms I have:
    Anxiety, Breathing Difficulties (shortness of breath), Depression, difficulty with reading, calculating, thinking), Eye problems (blurring; gritty, achy, dry, irritated and, jumpy eyes. Fatigue (all the time, despite sleep sufficiency), Hair problems ( thinning and loss, textural changes,outer edge of eyebrow falling out), Hearing disabilities (tinnitus, ear ringing among them), High cholesterol, Hypersensitivity to heat (heat intolerance), Increased appetite, Increased frequency of stools (without diarrhea), Increased sweating, Insomnia or restless sleep, Low resistance to infections, Mental challenges (forgetfulness, brain fog, uncontrollable rages), Muscle weakness (arm triceps, leg quadriceps), Nail problems, Osteoporosis (demineralization and weakening of the bones), Palpitations (rapid, forceful or irregular heart beats), PMS (premenstrual syndrome), Restlessness, Sexual dysfunction (low drive in both sexes, impotence in men), Skin Changes (dry, itchy, patchy), Swelling (facial, eye or leg), Tachycardia (rapid heart beat), Throat problems (difficulty swallowing, sore throat), Tremors (shaking hands), Voice changes (hoarse, husky), Weakness (overall, all the time), Weight fluctuation (gain or more commonly loss, 6-10 lbs.), Dizziness (often accompanied with vertigo), Low blood pressure, Throat problems (swallowing difficulty). I gave this list to my Dr that I took off a web-site and he said I need to see a neurologist and that I was going crazy, he said this jokingly but it was vet offensive.
    does anyone have any other information that would be useful for me, because I feel like I am going nuts . and I feel all alone.
    I have not been able to work for 2 yrs due to all of this and since my dr will not follow up on this more I am not able to get any assistance to help me out till I find out what is wrong.

Thank You
    Tam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
    MaryTheresa
    (female)

MaryTheresa HB User
    Re: Thyroid and THS levels

Hi Tweetygurl,

I am new here but not new to TD. I usually just read each post and move on, but I have to say...You need a new doctor!! The doctor should have at least offered to do a thyroid panel to rule it out!

I hope you get a second opinion.

Mary

Old 07-29-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
    elggon
    (female)

elggon HB User

Welcome to the board. Many of those symptoms sound familair to me, as well as many others on this board. You sound like you have hyperthyroidism for the most part, but a lot of the symptoms can overlap. My only suggestion would be to find a new DR and demand a thyroid panel, and go from there. I am in the same boat as you, and have an appt. with a new doctor in about 1 month. Hope that helps.

elggon

Old 02-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
    fritobean
    (female)

fritobean HB User

same problems here all of the above.......i got my test results back and it said the ths level was 1.50 where as normal for T4 is 0.7-1.5 and was told the levels were just fine.....i am also on the lookout for a new dr but if anyone has more help i am open to discussing this

Old 02-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
    bb21992
    (female)

bb21992 HB User

Agree with previous posters. You NEED a new doc. Labs need to be: TSH, Free T4, Free T3, antibody tests for Hashimoto's thyroiditis. There are still a lot of practitioners that don't do the Free T3 or Free T4 which is old school. The lab values changed in 2001 for new norms of TSH values. Go to [url]www.thyroid.about.com[/url] and start reading about thyroid disease. Wealth of information from everyone there. Good Luck

Old 02-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
    birchtree
    Veteran
    (female)

birchtree HB Userbirchtree HB User

I strongly agree with all of these responses....please get a new doctor!!!! I had normal lab results with symptoms back in April 2006. Here we are, February 2007, and I am minus my whole thyroid after discovery of abnormal cells, etc.

Please take care of yourself and get a second, even third opinion if necessary. I'd still be a very sick woman today if I didn't pursue my symptoms further....

best of luck and please keep us posted
    B

Closed Thread