It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Has anyone ever used adrenal glandulars to treat adrenal fatigue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
    also2tired
    (female)

also2tired HB User
    Has anyone ever used adrenal glandulars to treat adrenal fatigue?

My doctor thinks I may have adrenal fatigue because of exercise intolerance (feeling very bad after I exercise); I cannot skip meals and usually feel better after I eat; I cannot cope with even minor stress; I have been craving sweet and salty things lately; low blood pressure, and other overlapping hypothyroid symptoms. I have not shown any improvement since being on Armour for over 4 weeks, either. He put me on adrenal glandulars. I don't know if they have helped any, but it has only been a little over a week since trying them. He said most people feel better within a few days on the adrenal glandulars, and most also definitely see some increase in energy by now from Armour. After starting the adrenal supplements, I have noticed a sunburn like effect on my skin, especially my face. Other parts of my body have had a burning sensation, also. Has anyone had any experience with adrenal glandulars? He did say that after a month, he may try me on Cortef, but he said that the glandulars usually help most people. He is unsure why I have "sunburn" since I have not been in the sun at all. Has anyone ever tried adrenal glandulars and received help from them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
    lucky charms
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lucky charms HB User
    Re: Has anyone ever used adrenal glandulars to treat adrenal fatigue?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by also2tired
    My doctor thinks I may have adrenal fatigue because of exercise intolerance (feeling very bad after I exercise); I cannot skip meals and usually feel better after I eat; I cannot cope with even minor stress; I have been craving sweet and salty things lately; low blood pressure, and other overlapping hypothyroid symptoms. I have not shown any improvement since being on Armour for over 4 weeks, either. He put me on adrenal glandulars. I don't know if they have helped any, but it has only been a little over a week since trying them. He said most people feel better within a few days on the adrenal glandulars, and most also definitely see some increase in energy by now from Armour. After starting the adrenal supplements, I have noticed a sunburn like effect on my skin, especially my face. Other parts of my body have had a burning sensation, also. Has anyone had any experience with adrenal glandulars? He did say that after a month, he may try me on Cortef, but he said that the glandulars usually help most people. He is unsure why I have "sunburn" since I have not been in the sun at all. Has anyone ever tried adrenal glandulars and received help from them?
    Sunburn effect on the face..kinda sounds like some sort of flushing..
    im not for sure if this stuff you are taking is anything like prednizone'sp?", but When i go on pred for my asthma at 60 mg my face becomes very red and warm to touch..I think though its the nature of the beast...Meaning side effect of the meds..Also you maybe on to high of a dose for your body.. Take Care

Old 01-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
    van7771
    (male)

van7771 HB User

I started taking adrenal glandular about 2 weeks ago and havent noticed any difference yet. I would read a book called Adrenal Fatigue the 21st century stress syndrone, Dr Wilson talks about adrenal glandular in this book and why its better than cortef or florinef. I would also get a Saliva Test for your 24 hour cortisol levels. I am still have to live day by day and just try and make it through each day hoping that someday l will figure this whole thing out.

VAN

Old 01-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
    Hormoneman
    (male)

Hormoneman HB User

Adrenal granulars aren't better than cortef or florinef, but if it is works for you adrenal granulars are what you want. For some, the adrenal granulars are not strong enough.

Last edited by Hormoneman; 01-12-2006 at 10:54 PM.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
    pixiek
    Inactive
    (female)

pixiek HB User

I do not have any personal experience (though may soon) but I have seen others posts that say they do well on one type of glandular or adrenal support but horrible on another. Different types of support seem to help or effect folks differently. When some folks switched to a different one, they did better. Just something to discuss with the doc. Pixiek

Old 01-13-2006, 03:04 AM   #6
    robinhy
    (female)

robinhy HB User

You might want to post you question on the addison's board as well. There's a lot of hypoT/adrenal people over there.

Robin

Closed Thread