It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• got a copy of my ultrasound results finally

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
    cmvt74
    (female)

cmvt74 HB User
    got a copy of my ultrasound results finally

Hello I finally got a copy of my results from my thyroid ultrasound and blood work. I didn't know if anyone would know what it meant.

Findings:

Right lobe measures 4.1 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm. It demonstrates a heterogeneous echotexture. There are 3 small hypoechoic lesions in the right lobe. They all measure less than 1 cm in diameter. No cyst.

Left Lobe measures 3.6 x 1.1 x 1.2 cm. It also demonstrates heterogeneous echotexture. No discrete nodules or cysts.

Isthmus measures 0.3 cm and is homogeneous.

Impression: Heterogeneous thyroid gland.

Multiple small hypoechoic nodules in the right lobe.

Blood Work I mentioned in my last post but wasn't sure about hemoglobin.
    TSH 3rd Generation 3.28
    Thyroxiine Free 0.8
    T3 Free 286
    Hemoglobin A1c 5.0

Whenever she called me she said it was hemoglobin and not the A1c,,no wander i was so confused thinking I was anemic.

My doctor said that she will watch me over the next 6 months and never mentioned about a biopsy. Is that because the nodules are small and she doesn't seem too concerned? Thank you so much for helping me with this. I'm just so concerned and worried because I feel so sick all the time.

Christine

Last edited by cmvt74; 04-06-2006 at 09:04 AM. Reason: misspelled some of the important findings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
    happy2223
    (female)

happy2223 HB User
    Re: got a copy of my ultrasound results finally

I'm not an expert, but from what I've read your ultrasound results look good. The thyroid itself is of normal size, and if your nodules are all less than 1 cm, then they are pretty small. I know they won't normally do any biopsy on ones that small, and I don't think they normally do them until they are 2cm.

Here are my latest ultrasound results for a reference

Right Side: 5cm x 1.8cm x 2.2cm
    1 nodule 1.4 x 1.0 x .8cm
    Left Side: 5.2cm x 1.9cm x 1.9cm
    2 nodules, (2.0 x 1.4 x 1.5cm) & (0.9 x 0.8 x 0.8cm)
    My doctor has now recommended a fna.

Hope this helps...

Old 04-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
    illmakeit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

illmakeit HB User

When you say you feel sick - what are your symptoms?
    What are the ranges for the tests that were done?
    Not sure what 3rd generation means - Your TSH seems a little high. The NEW ranges from 2002 AACE are .3 - 3.04 I think. However, some think the high number should be more like 2.
    TT 1/26/06 -Levothyroxine 75-88

Old 04-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #4
    cmvt74
    (female)

cmvt74 HB User

TSH 3rd generation- mine is 3.28 and the range is 0.40 to 5.50
    Throxine Free- mine is 0.8 and the range is 0.6 to 1.9
    Free T3- mine is 286 and the range is 230 to 420
    Hemoglobin A1c- mine is 5.0 and the range is 4.2 to 5.8
    Peroxidase antibodies- mine is 698 and the range is under 35
    TSH receptor- mine is below 6 and the range is under 16%
    Sed Rate- mine is 31 and the range is 0 to 20.

They symptoms i have are so many but here are a few.....I'm always tired, I get hot/cold flashes, my body temp barely goes over 97.3, I have depression, anxiety, my periods are messed up and heavy, I'm in pain all the time, dizzy spells, fast heart rate and blood pressure, high cholesterol, insomnia, memory problems, my hair is thinning, I get headaches, my vision gets blurry, I quit driving due to the concentration problems, my speech is a problem, I'm gaining weight for no reason,,,I can go on and on. I've felt this way for so long,,about 10 years. The newest symptom is the high blood pressure and pulse which started in Oct 2005 and was hospitalized 3 times for it and now am on 2 blood pressure meds. I know they said my nodules are small,,all under 1 cm, but can that be enough to mess up your thyroid? I heard that some nodules will shoot out hormone for no reason and give you some hyper symptoms. I just wish someone could help me,,I'm so tired of feeling so sick all the time. Even after the nodules my doctor still says I'm fine and have nothing endocrine wrong with me.
    Christine

Old 04-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #5
    illmakeit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

illmakeit HB User

My guess would be Hashimoto's bacause your Peroxidase antibodies test is SO HIGH! A number of people here have it and can probably advise your more. However, you are talking about problems with your eyes and I THINK that has something to do with Graves. It IS possible to have both. A few here actually have both. Your sed rate also points to an autoimmune disease.

Symptoms sound like hypothyroid - check the information archives for a partial list of symptoms for Hyperthyroid, Hypothyroid, Hashi's and Graves. Like you say, the sympoms are SO MANY!!
    Good luck with getting treatment!
    Jewel
    TT 1/26/06 -Levothyroxine 75-88

Closed Thread