It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• sweating question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
    flush11
    (female)

flush11 HB User
    sweating question

hi, I have hashimotos, and was wondering if anyone else has sweating problems like I do. I had mentioned it before and some people said they had, but i want to know if this is definately related to my thyroid or something like hyperhydrosis.

Well i believe I've had this sweating problem beginning around puberty. I remember people teasing me about having sweaty hands, around the age of 12. Then i remember at around that point I was just sweating alot more. It made me exetremly self concious and ashamed. its quite odd, A couple of weeks ago i experienced practically no sweating at all, everything was fine. then it came back and i am sweating profusly on my hands and feet. Sometimes i sweat in the underarm area as well, without being hot. sometimes I will not be sweating, then all the sudden something triggers it and it will start. I just pray that it is not hyperhydrosis, another incurable illness to live with. Ug. Does anyone experience these similar symptoms on a regular basis??

Last edited by flush11; 05-31-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
    clueless42
    (female)

clueless42 HB User
    Re: sweating question

Yup, I'm a sweaty betty!!
    I finally have my harmones at a good level and sweat alot. I wasn't sweating when I had hypo symptoms.
    I believe it's thyroid related.
    Alcohol also makes you sweat, but I don't drink any more.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
    imoutrunning
    (female)

imoutrunning HB User

I never had the sweating problem until I went hyperthyroid. Even now that I am being treated for hypo the sweating problem persists. I am always the sweaty girl at the gym! People will say, "Boy, you're working out hard." Meanwhile, it doesn't take much for the waterworks in my body to turn on. My sister is also hypo with Hashimoto's and she sweats buckets, too. Has been going on with both of us for about 10 years.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
    flush11
    (female)

flush11 HB User

So its persistant and incurable? ug. I do not want to live with this problem.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #5
    tlsims
    (female)

tlsims HB User

strangely i never had the sweating problem until after i had half my thyroid removed, as soon as got out of surgery, the sweating woke me up.

i look like i just got out of the shower when i go out in the heat.

before my surgery i had heater on all the time and my tsh was .032.

i have been playing around with my armour and seems when i take it i dont sweat as bad or get hot as easy.

i guess i am the weirdo.

ts

Old 05-31-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
    vet9
    (female)

vet9 HB User

hi,
    I have been sweating ever since I was 8. and I am 14 know in the sweat goes into my pores and I have acne reall bad and I will be starting a new school this year and I am scared that I want make no new friends calls of acne can you help me clean my acne from sweating.
    thanks

Old 05-31-2006, 05:41 PM   #7
    MCKMN
    (female)

MCKMN HB User

Yes, I too have this Issue... I have been reading the book called Living well with Autoimmune disease, and those of us who have Hashi's, tend too have Both Hyper and hypo symtoms at times. From, what this book says. You are so not alone.

((hugs)) I feel ya!

Missy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Missy
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #8
    flush11
    (female)

flush11 HB User

Vet9- i would just like to share that Ive had acne problems starting before puberty, until a few months ago when it starting clearing up. I tried alot of otc products, most of them aren't very effective. I would try proactiv- it works for alot of people i know. Also, what helped me was products with benzyl peroxide, and spot treatment cream (benzyl peroxide). Don't let acne take over your life or your self esteem, at times I let that happen. Its a skin problem, its awful, but do what you can.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #9
    tlsims
    (female)

tlsims HB User

vet 9 i am 42 and still have this problem, in fact i am having laser treatments now to get rid of the scars.

go to the acne board there is alot great tips there. like asprin masks, plain yougurt used on face for blackheads. i know sounds crazy but some of the stuff really works, you just have to find what works for you.

if you have thyroid issues you have to get that under control and be presistent with your skin care, not obbessive thou, that can cause even more problems

good luck and big hugs
    ts
    by the way despite my acne problems i grew up to marry the best man in the world and have two beautiful children.

Closed Thread