It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• normal free t3/t4, but not feel well

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
    talper
    (male)

talper HB User
    normal free t3/t4, but not feel well

i wrote a massage about a full body joint pains+fibro triger points symptoms which i had gradually for 10 months untill this point where its all over the body.
    i tested for tsh 3 times and i saw 3 increases from 1.5 to 3.99.
    i tested for free t3/t4 and again tsh a week ago, and the tsh now was 2.8.
    the frees were normal:

Free Thyroxine (FT4) | pmol/l | (
    10.3 *
    17.9 ) -----> my level
    |

Triiodothyronine Free FT3 | pmol/L | (
    3.5 *
    5.81 ) ----> my level

i hopw you understand what i wrote, but its in the upper third of the normal range, which is good.
    exept the full body aches/pains, i have also shortness of breath sometimes+pains while breathing sometimes(also pain wehn pushing on my chest and above it-fibro triger points)
    one of my pains(was my first pain i think) is severe joint pain(when i spin the wrist it hurts like hell) and my grip in the hand is less strong.
    i feel like im starting to have this in the other hand.
    i also have this popping feeling in my elbow when pushing the hand forwrd fast.
    i do ----sometimes--- have throat pains for a few second/minutes.
    and when i was sick(with flu i think, nasel and more weakness then usual) i had a big goiter in my throat.
    i thought its normal, but a lasy told me its not normal to have a goiter even when you sick.
    the goiter is much smaller now, but i --think-- i have a little goiter also.
    i also have
    white-yellow coated tongue with red bumps on the back, i dont knoe if it relate.

my mom is hyper, and my fathers brother is hypo.
    i didnt test for antibodies yet(doctor didnt want to send), but do you think there is a chance to have high antbodies?
    is it possible to have joint pains/aches because of hashimoto and high antibodies, but with normal free t3/t4?

or the frees can be normal only in this day and if i test again i will get another result?

if i fnd out i do have antibodies, most of my symptoms, and especially the severe joint pains, are relate to hashimoto and will be resolved with thyroid meds?

big thank you.

tal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 06:18 AM   #2
    sudufu
    Inactive
    (female)

sudufu HB User
    Re: normal free t3/t4, but not feel well

Free Thyroxine (FT4) | pmol/l |
    (10.3 * 17.9 )
    -----> my level
    Triiodothyronine Free FT3 | pmol/L |
    (3.5 * 5.81 )
    ----> my level

Both your T3 & 4's look HIGH to me. And TSH *may* be slightly elevated also. I don't know how that could make someone feel. But you need to get it checked out. Have you had an ultra sound done on the goiter?

Sorry I don't know about antibodies or Hashimotos, I responded in hopes that someone else who KNOWS
    will see this & replies
    take care,
    Sue
    p.s. Recently I've had MORE sucess with a Dr of Osteopathic Medicine compared to reg PrimeCare-Dr or an Endocrimologist. I'm Hypo

Last edited by sudufu; 09-15-2006 at 06:20 AM.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
    talper
    (male)

talper HB User

oh no... actually my levels are those between the 2 ranges in each one.

ft4=17.9
    ft3=5.81 (and not 6.5, thats the upper range)

so as you can see-normal frees, thats why im looking at the antibodies direction.
    can anyone please help me?
    thank you.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
    talper
    (male)

talper HB User

bump....
    can i please get more reactions?
    its very very important to me.
    thank you

Closed Thread