It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Facial flushing with Headache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
    kitkatlvr
    (female)

kitkatlvr HB User
    Facial flushing with Headache?

Has anyone had facial flushing with headache? I always have the flushing with a bad headache and burning pain and flushing. Ive had some trouble with high blood pressure, but I also have hypoT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
    pursie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pursie HB User
    Re: Facial flushing with Headache?

hi yes yesterday im hypo and hashis and im over medicated what was your last blood check, mines just gone hyper and it causes severe heat and spikey blood pressure , its really hot and i know what you mean i also had severe infection in my tooth and it was hurting all up my ear and it all got really hot!!!! what wAS YOUR LAST READIN LOVE FROM Katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by pursie; 10-25-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
    kitkatlvr
    (female)

kitkatlvr HB User

Hi Pursie,

My last labs werre 7.14. I also feel sometimes hypo sometimes hyper. I just started Levothyroxine month and a half ago. But sometimes I suddenly get this flushed face and my face feels hot, and I immediately have a headache with it. Sometimes I feel all achy all over too. Its driving me crazy and I also worry. Have you or anyone ever had symptoms like these? Are they a part of HypoT?

God bless

Old 10-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
    pursie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pursie HB User

hi yes its horrible i was wondering should we go to the docs nex time as soon as it starts and get a blood pressure reading actually we can buy those now and take our own blood ptessure but they are expensive ??? post back i do get flue like symptoms but this hot red face feels really horrible dosent it hope you can talk mine lasts for a few days what are your latest thyroid results??? if you are starting to go into the hypewr range it can cauase it hope you can talk im typing in the dark sosorry about my spellingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlove from katpursxxxxxxxxx

Old 10-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
    ErinBeth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ErinBeth HB User

While the particular symptoms you mention aren't ones I have seen mentioned by hypoT sufferers, I suppose it could be related simply because the thyroid hormones affect your entire body. I think I would be suspecting the blood pressure issue as much or more, however. It is certainly worth mentioning to your doctor, particularly since you are prone to blood pressure problems. Better safe than sorry.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
    pursie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pursie HB User

yes erin thanks for that advice i hope you go next time it happens how long do you get your hot face for and i was also thinking as my mate gets it ti could we be premenapausal???? how old are you erin sorry for the rude qeustion and dont awnswer if you dont want to post back if you catch this post sorry for late reply i was in bed and i feel horrible due to meds drop love from katpurasxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 AM   #7
    noodles3
    (female)

noodles3 HB User

I just experienced this while on a very low dose of synthroid. I had a headache after starting it (which I honestly think was NOT related to the synthroid). However, as time went on I felt hot frequently (somewhat like a hot flash but not exactly the same) and my face got red and flushed. I did check my blood pressure and it was in the normal range but higher than my "normal". I think it was the medication. I am going to see if it goes away after ending the meds.

Closed Thread