It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• got a copy of my results.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
    naomi81
    (female)

naomi81 HB User
    got a copy of my results.....

Hi everyone,

I have been having loads of problems recently.

I have very low blood pressure, severe shortness of breath, sometimes problems swallowing, low sugar, burning sensation and weight loss.

My endo has not helped me at all so I requested copies of all of my results so I can get a second opinion.

I noticed that my anti thyropeoxydase antibodies were 8.5 and the normal range written states that is should be less then 5.2.

My doctor never mentioned this to me, and I am not aware of any other thyroid related results. Does this seem normal? and is it possible this could be making me feel the way I do? my grandfather had graves and my mum has hashis.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 05:54 AM   #2
    sudufu
    Inactive
    (female)

sudufu HB User
    Re: got a copy of my results.....

Hi naomi81 ~

I don't know if its normal or not. But I would find another Doc b/c this one isn't doing you justice. I know nothing about hashi/antibodies, but for you to be OUT of lab ranges & Dr didn't even mention it is just horrible

Personally, I'm on Dr #3 and only beginning my 10th month of hypo-thy treatment. H0PEFULLY my Osteopathic Doctor (#3) will continue to do right by ME his patient!

take care
    Sue

Old 10-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #3
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Your thyroP antibodies are barely elevated, but to me, that has great significance in light of your family history. Normal healthy individuals would likely have none, or no more than 2. You're barely above range, but you are above range. I feel sure you have something thyroid-related going on.

It would be valuable to have someone test your free T4 and free T3 levels, not TSH alone. If they are at the bottom of their ranges, you can assume thyroid is responsible for at least some of your symptoms. I don't know how likely it is that you can get those tests there in Dubai, but I hope you'll have answers soon.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
    naomi81
    (female)

naomi81 HB User

Thanks so much for the replies, much appreciated.

I have an appointment today to get a 2nd opinion. Will get the other tests done as well.

Take care,

Naomi

Closed Thread