It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Hashimotos

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
    Allerian
    (female)

Allerian HB User
    Hashimotos

Just wanted to say hello and share my story. 2 1/2 years ago my pulse rate increased and my physicians noticed that my TSH levels kept dropping. Finally they got to 0.15. I saw an endocrinologist and we did an uptake scan. I had mild increased activity over both lobes but my uptake was low. The reading radiologist suggested chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis. We tried increasing my steriods (since I also have lupus) which helped a bit. Finally, my FrT4 levels dropped to around 0.6 (normal 0.8-1.8) are we began a low dosage of synthroid 25 mcg. Currently, I'm off of the synthroid and my most recent labs were:
    TSH 0.35 normal 0.2-4.5
    FRT4 1.0 (0.8- 1.8)
    I can't remember what my FRT3 were but I think it was middle/low end of normal. I hope I don't completely lose thyroid function. Are there some people who still maintain thyroid function with hashimotos?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
    Allerian
    (female)

Allerian HB User
    Re: Hashimotos

My Free T3 was 2.8 (2.3-4.2)
    In July 2006 Labs were:
    TSH 0.66
    FrT4 1.0
    FrT3 2.6

Old 01-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
    bookishmomma
    (female)

bookishmomma HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Allerian
    Are there some people who still maintain thyroid function with hashimotos?
    Yes, I am one of them. I am also on 25 mcg Synthroid, but I am not sure if that's were I will end up...I am only two months into the process (actually, I have most likely had it since 2000 but only just had a doctor diagnose. I had hypo for the first time in 2000 but thye didn't check the antibodies for Hashi's). Anyway, a full replacement dose is up over 100 I think, so if that dose does it for you you probably have some function left. There are other people here with more experience with this, so you will probably also get some more detailed responses.

Last edited by bookishmomma; 01-11-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
    pursie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pursie HB User

hi could this be me also i have just had to come off thyroxine as i was going hyper with hashimotos dont make sense really as i thought hashis was hypo only not hyper, i never even got to a proper starting dose you said you had to go on sreriods could you have got better without theese??? and how did you feel througjh all this time i feel very unwell and flue like did you and di you put weight on or off during this time???? also how did they come to this diagnosis did you say you also have lupus could i have this also????? how did you feel and can thos easily be controlled????? love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
    japm
    (female)

japm HB User

Hi, I am not new but haven't been on for a long time. I had 2/3 of my thyroid removed in Dec. O4 due to a nodule. Anyway I have been up and down with my TSH .Most recently I have had low thyroid hormone levels the last one was 4.33, but my endo has not put me on any meds yet. I am glad. It so happens I am on Topamax, Nortriptyline, effexor and axert for daily migraines now and requip fro restless legs. My problem just started about 3 mos ago I keep waking up during the night with my hands hurting so bad like they are going to burst from swelling, then I wake up and my face looks like its 10 lbs heavier, my ankles swell I am so tired and a couple of nights ago I had a pain in my chest so bad , I told my husband it was just heartburn but I had heartburn years ago when I was pregnant and it didn't feel like that, that lasted about 45 min. I had a good endo he left to another State in Nov.now I don't know where to go. Does any of these sound like thyroid problems or can they be from my Headache meds..I did ask my neurologist and he said these pills don't have those side effects especially not after I have been on them for 5 years and this just started.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
    Allerian
    (female)

Allerian HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pursie
    hi could this be me also i have just had to come off thyroxine as i was going hyper with hashimotos dont make sense really as i thought hashis was hypo only not hyper, i never even got to a proper starting dose you said you had to go on sreriods could you have got better without theese??? and how did you feel througjh all this time i feel very unwell and flue like did you and di you put weight on or off during this time???? also how did they come to this diagnosis did you say you also have lupus could i have this also????? how did you feel and can thos easily be controlled????? love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I had Lupus for a few years before Hashis. Lupus symptoms usually are different than just feeling flu like. You more likely have just Hashis.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #7
    noodles3
    (female)

noodles3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Allerian
    Just wanted to say hello and share my story. 2 1/2 years ago my pulse rate increased and my physicians noticed that my TSH levels kept dropping. Finally they got to 0.15. I saw an endocrinologist and we did an uptake scan. I had mild increased activity over both lobes but my uptake was low. The reading radiologist suggested chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis. We tried increasing my steriods (since I also have lupus) which helped a bit. Finally, my FrT4 levels dropped to around 0.6 (normal 0.8-1.8) are we began a low dosage of synthroid 25 mcg. Currently, I'm off of the synthroid and my most recent labs were:
    TSH 0.35 normal 0.2-4.5
    FRT4 1.0 (0.8- 1.8)
    I can't remember what my FRT3 were but I think it was middle/low end of normal. I hope I don't completely lose thyroid function. Are there some people who still maintain thyroid function with hashimotos?
    There are a lot more experienced people here than me but I just saw a doctor for Hashis and was told that sometimes it doesn't develop into anything requiring treatment. It can be genetic so my kids could actually have it and we don't know since they have never been tested. I was told my lab values don't require treatment.

Closed Thread