It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Looks like i'm out of remission :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
    prairie_dawn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

prairie_dawn HB User
    Looks like i'm out of remission :(

Ok i went to regular dr. for my annual, I have been feeling O so that not so good feeling. I was sick with a cold two weeks before xmas so I thought well it seems right to start feeling it. I havent been sick since 12/31/04 and by 2/28/05 i was into a thyroid storm. So I know that cold/flu kick me out. Well I went into remission by 5/05 and well um was able to get pregnant on my own by 11/05 had baby in 7/06 and she is great (#4 she is). Have been in remission since 5/05 and havent come out of it. UNTIL NOW dang it! I got results and here they are;

TSH 0.293 Normal range is 0.35-5.50
    Thyroxine(T4) 7.3 Normal is 4.5-12.0
    Triiodothyronine (T3) 116 Normal is 85-205
    Triiodothyronine Free serum 3.2 Normal is 2.3-4.2
    Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S
    T4, Free (direct) 1.41 Normal is 0.61-1.67

Immunoglobulin E, Total 21 Normal is 0-158

Well I called endo and he said that there was nothing I can do except wait another 6 weeks to see if it gets lower then if it does we'll treat it. But if i feel worse then to come in. He siad that when it's borderline it's hard to treat because it might get better or get worse we just dont know. i told him that I didnt mind waiting but I dont want it to get worse and go through another thyroid storm NO THANKS ya know. I have PTU here and well will self medicate if i need to he knows i have it he gave it to me.But I dont know if i should wait the full 6 weeks. I thought maybe see how I feel in a week then again in a weekI dont mean with blood tests i just mean how I feel personally if i fellworse I"ll tell him. He did say that at some point hte symptoms will have to be treated if it doesnt get better. So guess we'll see.

What do you all think?
    I am just bummed out that I am out of remission again even though its been 1yr 8months in remission. I know most of you are probably saying I wish i coudl go through that and why is she complaining.... I dont want to upset anyone, it's just very hard to stay in remission. I have to make sure I dont get sick and that in itself is a pain but hey I did it and have been in remission for as long as i have been. But being out of course causes me to feel icky and well I am feeling like i failed. Sorry but I need to vent a little. Hate when Dr's say there is nothing htey can do.

Thanx (hugs)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
    prairie_dawn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

prairie_dawn HB User
    Re: Looks like i'm out of remission :(

TD thank you! My kids; sons are just turned 4 and will be 12. Girls are 2 1/2 yrs and 6 1/2 months. I was doing so well and I should thank God for that, becuase most people have to deal with the bad all the time and I really dont unless I am out of remission. Thank you for your post! As soon as I am done with my pitty party ( ) I will be back on my feet fighting against this. Yes I have to go back on a modified atkins diet to help stop the eating of the junk. so that is the plan and we all know it so i'm hoping I can do it again. Last storm I had i did it and it worked out great. But of course with little kids I got back into eating junk and not eating right. So back on the wagon i go . LOL

Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
    prairie_dawn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

prairie_dawn HB User

Now my dr.wont let me diet.! What the heck! I told her I was going to loose the rest of hte weight from pregnancy and she was ok with it and now she wont let me becuase I will be loosing weight becuaes of thyroid. Duh! so i asked her why not let me do it in a controled sitiuation instead of out of hand. jeez!

All i wanted to do was cut out the junk food again and only drink water so i told her that and that is what I will be doing. My body is already loosing weight that i can not help. I am also loosing my dang hair again all 3 feet of it in clumps. I need to quick the junk food to get healthy so i dont stay out of remission. My goal is get back in remission before 6 weeks to show the dr. that he is a jerk and I CAN do it. He is wishing for me to still not be in it on my own so he can tell me to take that RAI which i refuse.

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
    td9997
    Inactive
    (female)

td9997 HB User

mommaof4,

Im so happy you replied ~~

I don wanna come across as bold. I eat one cookie I suffer from one cookie, ( and it sends me into the pounding heart, and total meltdown, diareasha, laying on the bed ~ spent.

One oz. of two much sugar kills me,, mainly cake, I LOVE CAKE,! I miss cake!

Ive been Doctor ordered to loose 20 lbs, by Spring, I began way before Christmas, I drink water 16 ounces now, a day, and I do feel good, other than having the biopsy on my Thyroid Friday this week, looming over my head.

I have a mini trampoline, I work out on, I reach that high from excersiseing, it works, dont let that sludge settle. Keep it flushed out, and moving. >>>>>

Im big on the water, 2 bottles a day, it took me 2 weeks to get to the finishing the whole bottle of water. Ive done well, you will too,
    never give up ~~

Water is the river of life!

Your babies are teeny babies, I loved being pregnant 29 years ago lol,

Its the best time when they are so young and happy and easy to please, just a snuggle with a blanket and full tummy, is all we all need.

good luck mommaof4 !

teddy

Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
    jmcummins3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I am so sorry to hear that you are out of remission and feeling poorly. You'[ve been down a lot longer road than I have, but I just wanted to pop in and say we're all pulling for you to get through this and back in remission.

I wouldn't think that just cutting out junk food and drinking more water would be a problem. That would help how you feel overall. I have changed my eating habits with my last pregnancy and felt a huge difference - without a thyroid problem at the time. Now, I can't get enough water. You might want to just try that but don't actually put yourself on a diet per se. I wouldn't think that would be a problem, unless your doctor has given you a reason not to make ANY changes at the moment. There could be another good reason that wasn't clearly explained. Expected weight loss from hyperthyroid symtpoms doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me to continue eating junk food and not drinking enough water, which is better for your body.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
    K9Mom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

K9Mom HB User

From your lab results, the only thing out of range is the TSH. TSH is **VERY** unreliable for Graves patients because the antibodies that cause Graves mimic TSH. (The antibodies are called TSI - Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin)

More importantly they should be monitoring your Free T4 and Free T3 levels.

Closed Thread