It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• i have thyriod disorder and this is week 8 and i have tons of energy....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
    i have thyriod disorder and this is week 8 and i have tons of energy....

hi all just wanted to share my story a yr ago i had surgery and i was never the same afterwards i ened up having a panic attack 2 weeks after i went to er they told me i had a panic attack ,i went home and went to my gp dr he gave me xanax 1 mg 3 times a day and tried me on effexor xr 37.5 for 10 days they worked for maybe 4 mos that dr checked my thyriods and hormones all was fine at the time he wanted me to come back in 6 mos well before i got the chance to go back i was in walmart and had the worst attack ever ,first off after the first attack i was terrifed about being home alone i cried all the time i thought for sure i was going to die ,then i decided to try and go to walmart 20 mins away well i was only in there 5 mins and it hit me i allmost passedout my face was beat red they couldnt get a pause my heartrate was 160 my b/p was 206/112 i was crying non stop for over a hr my stomach hurt really really bad ,well when i went back to my gp dr he had left the practice and a new dr was there i told him that my old dr wanted my thyriods and hormones rechecked he refused he upped my effexor to 75 then 150 i kept feeling worse i was sleeping 24/7 i was very depressed i kept having panic attacks i stopped driving because in sept i started having fainting spells he still did nothing he just said keep taking the effexor i did because of the withdraws finally i couldnt handle anymore so i told him id rather die then live this way i was at the point where i really wanted to die so he sent me to a psychiatrist he thought i was crazy and i was because he refused to check my thyriods i had no idea what was wrong with me i thought it was the effexor doing it well the psychiatrist found my tsh level was 845 i then went back to my gp he said no wonder you been feeling this way he started me on levothyroxine 25 mcg 2 weeks later i went to my gyn he checked them again they were 628 so for 7 weeks i stayed on the 25mcg then week 8 he started me on the name brand of levothyroxine 50mcg and i now have so much energy i dont know what to do with it all i have cleaned my house today from top to bottom and i still cant sit still iam so happy i suffered a yr with all this i have recently found a new dr a internal medicine dr since my gp dr i dont believe was good cause i was the patient and i begged him many many time to check my thyriods and he wouldnt said it wasnt no need to do so .i nolonger have the depression or the panic attacks and i can now drive and go places and not be scared and yes i would get real scared out in public i had a catscan done and i cried the lady had to stand by me and hold my hand i was so terrifed but now i can do anything i feel 100% better after only taking my meds for 8 weeks and im 44 i finally have my life back i have underactive thyriod and it may run in my family cause i have 2 brothers and 2 sisters and myself who have it .i just wanted to share my story with you all .god bless and i hope all of you are doing as good as iam .vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
    Ozlady
    (female)

Ozlady HB User
    Re: i have thyriod disorder and this is week 8 and i have tons of energy....

Oh Vickie, soooo happy for you. Your post brought back so many memories I just had to reply. For me it has been about 5 years, the same treadmill, thinking your crazy, no one believing you, giving you drugs that just make you worse, then sending you to the psychiatrist. I hope you continue to do really well and put the horrid times behind you.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
    Oleander53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

Great News

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that........I myself have had panic attacks and your life gets put on hold..It is hard to explain it to others......... I am so happy for you that you are better............. Keep us informed of how you are doing....... Oleander

Old 03-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
    Judy Anne
    (female)

Judy Anne HB User

So often doctors say it's "just" depression or panic attacks without looking at the underlying cause. I'm so glad you finally got the right treatment.

I've been on thyroid for a couple of months and I have so much more energy and feel more confident about getting out and doing things.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
    pursie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pursie HB User

hi what a story hey!! it sounds like you went to hell and back ! and what was the surgery you had by the way???
    i had theese a little before i was diagnosed but not half as much as this that is a seroiusly high tsh asbsolutly ridiculus that he wouldnt do a simple blood test that is unbeleivable you could have gone into a coma at theese levels have you changed your gp????
    thankgoodness they found it , this makes me shudder ! did your hair fall out also???? that is great news that you have recovered and i hope you enjoy your new lease on life you deserve it love to you from kat xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by pursie; 03-12-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 AM   #6
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yes i changed dr's i found a internal medicine dr who i have heard very good things about him and yes my hair was coming out too i have very long hair and thick and i thought it was because i needed a trim so i had 2 inches cut off its growing like crazy again now my hair allways grows fast and the surgery i had was i had my left ovary and tube removed but went to a new gyn for my yrly pap and all is good there .yes i felt awlfull for a whole yr and i was calling my old dr's office allmost daily begging him to please check my thyriods they thought i wasnt taking my effexor's but i was i was sleeping 24/7 very very depressed and started having them fainting spells and i mean i fainted like 2-3 times a day or more mainly when i left the house i had agraphobia too i was so terrifed about being home alone at the beginning then i was terrifed about being out in public .yes 845 was very high and i blame him for what i went through because he could have checked my thyriods when i begged him so many times after all i was paying for it not him ,and anytime i would call they never called me back then he sent me to that psychiatrist i didnt need a psychiatrist but thankfully he did or i would never have found out about my thyriods my husband sees a very big change in me iam so happy i have sooooooooooooo much energy now i cant seem to stop doing stuff i find stuff to do .im nolonger scared either about dieing at the beginning i thought for sure i was going to die cause i didnt know what was wrong with me.but im 100% better now and i thank god above for making it so i allways prayed to god for him to PLEASE help me and make me better cause i knew i could not live the way i was living and im also getting off the xanax they gave me and only take them on a as needed basic ONLY.but so far my aniety is getting so much better i hardly feel it at all i have to have the new dr ween me off cause its hard to do on my own cause i have tried .but thanks for replying see we know our own bodies and we know how we feel i bet them dr's never had that happen or they would have checked me and i bet they have never took anti depressents either so they dont know what they do to you i hate anti depressents and i will never take them again i still have to see a nerology because i have headachs everyday .but im finally back to being me again after suffering for so long .god bless you all .vickie45

Old 03-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
    pursie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pursie HB User

this is agreat succsess story and you give me hope as i ahve the worst year you can imagine the meds went wrong for me and i shouldnt have come off them so quik as im sooo sensitive to them did your hair grow back better and why did you have the op did you have acyst or fibroid and heavy periods??? i get those and i think i would like my hair to grow back maybe the heavy periods or fibroid causes this?????? thanks for your great post and this is a great board for support if you want to tlak im about alot love to you from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yes my hair is growing like mad and the op i had was i had a 9cm tumor on my left ovary and i didnt start feeling great till he put me on levothyroxine only the name brand and i feel GREAT.my sister didnt do too well she kept takingmore then she was suppose too but i never overtake any of my meds and it only took me 8 weeks and iam feeling great they did say i have the antibodies but so far i feel good i go to a nerology fr on the 20th becauae i have headchs everyday i still have my periods and they seem normal when i went to my old gyn i didnt even know anything was wrong with my ovary i just had a sick feeling in the middle of my stomach but since he took it out i dont feel that anymore and my last pap went well .its 11pm here and im still hyper but i have to get to bed cause i get up at 6amand yes i hope you get better too i know im happier then ever i feel better now then i did before my op my energy is real high i cant sit still for long im up doing something .talk to you soon love from vickie and yes jan 2006 till now was the worst yr i ever had.thank goodness im finally going to be me again.......

Last edited by moderator2; 03-14-2007 at 06:04 AM.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pursie View Post
    hi what a story hey!! it sounds like you went to hell and back ! and what was the surgery you had by the way???
    i had theese a little before i was diagnosed but not half as much as this that is a seroiusly high tsh asbsolutly ridiculus that he wouldnt do a simple blood test that is unbeleivable you could have gone into a coma at theese levels have you changed your gp????
    thankgoodness they found it , this makes me shudder ! did your hair fall out also???? that is great news that you have recovered and i hope you enjoy your new lease on life you deserve it love to you from kat xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    pursie i'll write you more tomorrow i'll let you know anything you want to ask me hope you get better soon its late and i have to go to bed or id write you some now so goodnight for now .
    vickie45

Old 03-14-2007, 12:37 AM   #10
    pursie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pursie HB User

ok v thanks for your repy thoug it was nice, the thing i want to ask you was how did thye decide to remove the growth on your ovary , did thye take the whole ovarie out ???
    and what made them wannt to do the surgery did you have heavy periods etc and low iron from this growth on your ovary did you say it was afibriod or a growht sorry for all the questions love from kat thankyyou vickiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx vic i got sent to the shrink as well my endo said he had never heard of anxiety invoved with thyroid patientsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxcan you beleive it!!

Last edited by pursie; 03-14-2007 at 03:10 AM.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #11
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pursie View Post
    ok v thanks for your repy thoug it was nice, the thing i want to ask you was how did thye decide to remove the growth on your ovary , did thye take the whole ovarie out ???
    and what made them wannt to do the surgery did you have heavy periods etc and low iron from this growth on your ovary did you say it was afibriod or a growht sorry for all the questions love from kat thankyyou vickiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx vic i got sent to the shrink as well my endo said he had never heard of anxiety invoved with thyroid patientsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxcan you beleive it!!
    ok here's what happened about 5 or 6 yrs ago i was seeing a dr and he took a ultrasound and said i had a small cyst on my left ovary he said it would go away on its own well i had my paps every yr like i was suppose too noone said anything was wrong then in nov 2005 i went for my pap the dr said my left ovary felt enlarged so i had a ultra sound done i saw it it looked pretty big he decied to remove it because it was a solid filled tumor and said he couldnt tell if it was cancer till he done the surgery he wanted to do a total on me but i said no and yes he removed my left ovary and the tube i have everything else ,ok i was terrifed about having this surgery because of hormones for 2 weeks i was scared to death so then finally the day of surgery came yes i was very scared and nervous while in recovery i felt something in my chest i later found out it was aniety and yes you can get aneity with thyriod disorder i sure did,i went home 2 days later i was doing great i even told my sister i couldnt believe how good i felt i was even cleaning house and taking a bath i didnt have any worries at all ,then 2 weeks later out of the blue a panic attack hit me i called 911 they told me it was a panic attack so the very next day i went to my gp cause my gyn dont deal with aniety cause i tried to get him to help me he dismissed me after only 3 weeks and i was a total mess well the gp dr i went to at the beginning was very good he checked my hormones and thyriods they didnt tell me much just said come back in 6 mos to be retested he did put me on xanax though and tried me on zoloft at that time the zoloft gave me bad side effects so i wouldnt try anymore anti depressents ,i never left my house i was scared of being home alone id call my husband to please come home i was that scared i really thought i was going to die i cried all the time i was not feeling myself at all but my hormones did go out of whack temparaly 2 mos later i got my first period and i had one up till sept then they stopped but in may i had a very bad attack and i went back to my gp and the one who saw me first left the practice so this new dr was there and i told him the other dr wanted my thyriods and hormones to be retested he said he didnt see the need to do so so he tried me on effexor xr 75 mg those worked for maybe 4 mos then quit and he kept wanting me to up the dose then in sept i started having fainting spells all the time alls he said was its high aniety i begged and begged him to please check my thyriod he still wouldnt .i went in finally and told him id rather die then live this way and thats when he sent me to the psychiatrist but thank god he did cause thats who found out i had high thyriod levels it was tsh 845 2 weeks later it went down to 628 then at 6 weeks it was the same so the new dr i switched to incressed it to 50 mcg of the name brand of levothyroxine and im going on week 9 come monday and i feel WONDERFULL my gyn also told me i have the antibodies is that bad? and yes aniety does come with thyriod anyway mine did and so did my sisters but now my 2 brothers have thyriod disorder too but they dont take aniety meds i think it must run in my family cause my dad didnt have thyriod disorder but he had high aniety and i have another sister who has high aniety she yells all the time .i'll be here throught out the day so you can contack me anytime.
    vickie45

Old 03-14-2007, 07:08 AM   #12
    jenn3
    (female)

jenn3 HB User

i had anxiety before i found out about my thyroid and once i started the meds....gone!
    I have not taken one xanax since i started my meds.
    jennifer

Old 03-15-2007, 05:06 AM   #13
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Question Re: i have thyriod disorder and this is week 8 and i have tons of energy....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenn3 View Post
    i had anxiety before i found out about my thyroid and once i started the meds....gone!
    I have not taken one xanax since i started my meds.
    jennifer
    how long were you on the xanax? and how many mg were on ? and how did you come off them i been on xanax 1 mg 3 times a day and i want off them i need help weening off i have no idea how to go about this i do have a dr appointment march 23rd should i wait and let him ween me off i want off for one reason they make me so tired and another its only been a yr and i do not want to get hooked on them like my sister shes been on hers for 13 yrs and thinks she needs them she overtakes hers only her dr took the xanax away and put her on klonapin i never overtake mine i only take what the dr told me to take 1 every 8 hrs 3 times a day .
    vickie45

Closed Thread