It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Labs, Great Doctor, Thyroid Peroxidase

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
    glynis_girl
    (female)

glynis_girl HB User
    Labs, Great Doctor, Thyroid Peroxidase

Hi -

I used to come here more regularly and completely forgot my username/password, even what email address I used. That's thyroid problems for you!

My labwork from last week:

TSH 1.3 (0.35 to 5.5)
    free T4 1.11 (0.89 to 1.8)
    free T3 4.0 (2.4 to 4.2)
    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab - H 83.0 (0.0 to 3.9)

My doctor knows I feel best with my TSH below 1.0, so he bumped me up to 120 mg Armour. He is just SO GREAT!

In April, my TSH had bumped up to 3.3 and I felt awful, my free Ts were in the lower end of their reference range. I couldn't lose weight (I even put a few pounds on over the winter in spite of a hard, hard workout regime). With the last bump in dosage to 105 mg per day, I lost 10 lbs in two months. I think the current bump will help my body respond properly to my diet/fitness program and help me get the last 20 lbs off.

One reason he bumped me up was because my TPOAb were so out of whack compared to the range. Obviously, 83 is way higher than a top limit of 3.9. Yikes! The note on the lab sheet said regarding that test, "Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO)Ab. The thyroid microsomal antigen has been shown to be the same as Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO). This assay detects anti-TPO antibodies."

I met my current doctor when he was covering for my old doctor (who first prescribed me Armour). This guy is AMAZING. He always orders the Free T3 and Free T4 because he does not believe that TSH is the definitive. He also cares how I feel, whether I am symptomatic or not. He is very much concerned with the interrelation of all the various hormones and how a screwed up thyroid sends everything else out of whack to varying degrees.

~Glynis

Last edited by moderator2; 06-21-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
    SHMILY
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User
    Re: Labs, Great Doctor, Thyroid Peroxidase

glynis.........................did your doctor increase your Armour? how much? This is just my opinion from looking at your labs.............You need a little T4 only med such as levoxyl added to your Armour instead of an Armour increase since your FT3 is already near top of range. I am afraid an Armour increase will push it over the top. Your FT4 does need to be increased, thus the reason for adding a T4 only med.

Closed Thread