It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• can stopping levothyroxine alltogether hurt till i see new dr ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
    can stopping levothyroxine alltogether hurt till i see new dr ??

hi all i started levothyroxine 25 mcgs in jan 2007 8 weeks later went on synthyrold 50 mcgs that was gyn who switched brands i went from 8.45 to 2.54 in 8 weeks then went to a internal medicine dr my tsh was 7.11 he put me on levothyroxine 75mcgs that was in april i started out having upper arm pain my tsh went to 1.5 then i just got worse my chests starting hurting i got deep depressure i been having fainting spells more and more and now increased panic attacks the depression is gone but when ever i leave i faint and by b/p is either up or maybe too low last tsh was 2.68 t4 1.0 he wont lower my dose or switch brands so i stopped all levothyroxine till i see a new dr which is monday i dont feel good i have upset stomach diarea some dizziness and some headaches my fingers and toes feel tingling im waking early again and im just not myself my chest hurts horribly its not my heart its been checked many many times so will it hurt to stop till i see the new dr i want a dr who will listen to my symtons not just my labs plus he only checks the tsh and t4 ONLY.any advice here could it be i just cant take the levothyroxine the 25 are bad too and my xanxa dont even help calm me down i had a pretty scarry panic attack last night and i was just sitting here watching tv and all of a sudden i got the upset stomach started crying chests hurt and got sweaty and couldnt breath and thought i was dieing .
    i dont know why my panic is worse my last big attack like that was like in feb and my fainting is getting worse and worse not better.ps my chest dont hurt at all if i dont take any of the levbothyroxine.
    vickie

Last edited by vickie45; 06-23-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
    LuvMyLilDoggie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
    Re: can stopping levothyroxine alltogether hurt till i see new dr ??

It shouldn't hurt to stop just for a few days but I wouldn't reccomend any longer.

With all the terrible symptoms you're experiencing, my thought was you should probably go to the ER.

Your doctor is upping your dosage probably a little too fast for you. And changing from generic to Synthroid may have been a bit of a shock for your system too.

I personally do better with generic levothyroxine than I did with Synthroid. I seem to be the oddball when it comes to that. With the name brand, I had lots of heart palpitations that would scare the heck out of me. With the generic, I feel more even-keeled, more like my old self.

I hope your new doctor is one who listens to you and works with you to get you well.

You reminded me of what my life was like 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed.

I know it's hard to believe this now but you will feel better. It takes a while but you will feel better.

Love, Barb

Closed Thread