It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Thank you everyone for the advice on Hives/Methimazole

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
    AugusLion
    (female)

AugusLion HB User
    Smile Thank you everyone for the advice on Hives/Methimazole

Thank you everyone for the advice. I have never felt so frustrated or so helpless and it is comforting to know there are others who care.

I have been on the PTU for 24 hrs now. The hives and rash are still coming but they do not seem any worse.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Methimazole out of my system ??

Can thyroid problems cause hives and a rash ???

I am going to ask my Dr. for a betablocker. Is it okay to take that with the PTU ??

Helen, Thank you for those websites. The thyroid.com is very helpful.

Has anyone had surgery rather then the Radio Active Iodine. My Dr. has said if the medication doesn't work I will have to go with the Radio Active Iodine. The thought of putting radioactive anything in my body makes my heart race just thinking about it.

Again Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Hi! I'm new had a question about Methimazole JaysterX35 Thyroid Disorders 17 11-19-2011 09:13 AM
    Hives, swelling, sore throat, ears popping..need some advice!! PainsofXavior Allergies 2 02-08-2010 06:28 AM
    Question about methimazole and really bad hair loss? rexcatz Hair Loss / Alopecia 1 08-14-2008 06:52 AM
    Methimazole HELP!! imfoe1 Thyroid Disorders 8 09-07-2007 07:14 PM
    Hives from Autoimmune attacking Thyroid Disease not Methimazole AugusLion Thyroid Disorders 3 07-20-2007 11:38 AM
    Please Help DX with Graves Disease and have HIVES from I think medication AugusLion Thyroid Disorders 9 07-16-2007 03:28 AM
    Graves Disease, Methimazole, and Weight Gain DDMoore Thyroid Disorders 11 02-18-2006 10:25 PM
    Hives... Any advice? Adidas0298 Allergies 1 01-03-2006 06:46 AM
    can methimazole make you hypo?? ym86 Thyroid Disorders 2 05-05-2003 01:36 PM