It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• hey all endo wants me to try to start back on the levothyroxine 50 mcgs .

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
    hey all endo wants me to try to start back on the levothyroxine 50 mcgs .

well endo wants me to try to take the levothyroxine again in jan 07 till april i took them i was on 25mcgs then went to 50 mcgs till may then my one dr upped me to 75mcgs and thats when i started having trouble so im going to try and if this dont work i dont know what to do cause she said the only hypo meds she gives is levothyroxine ,synthyrold and levoxyl i did ok on levothyroxine untill the dr overmedacated me i couldnt handle synthyrold at all and the levoxyl was the worst but if it causes me seizures or any type of passingout i will have to quit them again my old dr had me on 75mcgs when my tsh was 1.1 and t4 was 1.9 so my endo said i was WAY overmedicated she says i will prob stay on the 50mcgs for life and wont need anything higher i did do well on the 50mcgs ,so hopefully i will do ok this time around after all i havent took levothyroxine for like 2-3 mos so does anyone know if this time around will work or not ? the side effects with this med says all the same as levoxyl but i didnt have near this many side effects with levothyroxine untill the dr over medicated me i never felt nothing till i went up to 75mcgs so im going to give this another try and then if this dont work i dont know what to do but im praying to god above to help me this time he helped stop the seizures .so any advice here would helpfull .
    thanks vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
    birchtree
    Veteran
    (female)

birchtree HB Userbirchtree HB User
    Re: hey all endo wants me to try to start back on the levothyroxine 50 mcgs .

Will your insurance plan allow you to find another doctor who will consider other meds, such as armour?

As long as you take is SLOW, you'll probably be okay....

Old 08-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
    Re: hey all endo wants me to try to start back on the levothyroxine 50 mcgs .

yes i have a new internal medicine dr as soon as my old dr sends my records i can get into see him and him and my endo are going to work together to make me feel good again and yes most internal med drs do add some of the t3 meds my old dr was going too but see hes like 30 mins away and the new one im going to be seeing is 5 mins away my old dr mentioned cyemol or something like that but its a t3 med he said sometimes people need a t3 with your t4 meds so yes my insurance will pay and both drs are going to work together to get me well ,im feeling so so but i do need my meds do you know if levothyroxine is different from levoxyl and synthyrold like do they have the same stuff in them or is generic a little different ? i did fine on levothyroxine before till my one dr overmedicated me my tsh was 1.1 and he had me on 75mcgs and my t4 was 1.9 and let me tell ya i felt horrible and that dr was so dumb he didnt know what he was doing for one we all know depression comes with thyrold and if your on too high a dose like being overmedicated naturally your going to get depression well he thought i had bipolar and wanted to send me to a mental ward where he went to school who knows but he got fired he treated all his patients bad and hes no longer there anymore so im PRAYING TO GOD ABOVE TO HELP ME THIS TIME AROUND he stopped my seizures and passingout spells but ya know i think that was due from him over doseing me.because when i stopped taking levoxyl i have not had a fall or seizure in 7 days so 1 i couldnt take levoxyl 2 it stopped once i stopped taking the meds.GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS ON THE PASSINGOUT AND SEIZURES AND I TRUELY BELIEVE THAT.........
    vickie

Closed Thread