It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• starting back on 50 mcgs of levothyroxine hope this time around works.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
    Lightbulb starting back on 50 mcgs of levothyroxine hope this time around works.

well started my levothyroxine 50mcgs 2nd time around 1st time around the dr i had was overmedicating me so im hoping this time i will do better if for any reason i feel faint or have a seizure i will have to stop taking these also i started levothyroxine back in jan07 took 2 mos then my gyn switched me to synthyrold 50mcgs i took 1 month couldnt handle them so when i went to a new internal medicine dr he put me back on levothyroxine 75mcgs and thats when all my trouble started i was having upper arm pain stomach pains and fainting so i went to a endo i had stopped the levothyroxine because i was having chest pains among other things so endo put me on levoxyl 25 well when i started them they caused upset stomach and i didnt really feel good on this med she then upped me to 50 and omg the worst side effects ever happened i had horrible horrible headaches stomach pains upset stomach diarea ,fainting ,seizures and so much more so i stopped them for 8 days why it took that long to get it out of my body i dont know ,so im back on 50mcgs of levothyroxine and im praying this time around works and yes she took the test tpo and said yes id have this illness for life but she also said id prob be on the 50mcgs and nothing higher which is fine with me as long as it works ,i have only been on meds for 8 mos im feeling so so but i have alot of faith in god to see me get better .why she didnt test me for the tsi i dont know .she said she only gives out levothyroxine ,synthyrold and levoxyl and im sure there is other types of meds out there if these 3 dont work .so im starting today within a week i will be able to tell if they are going to help but if i get the side effects i have to stop some side effects i can handle but not the fainting or seizures those i cant handle and who would i was having 2 seizures a day and was fainting non stop and the headaches were so horrible .so im giving this another try.
    vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
    seconhand
    (female)

seconhand HB User
    Re: starting back on 50 mcgs of levothyroxine hope this time around works.

Hi Vickie,
    There is another med called armour thyroid. It is natural, dessicated (I believe) pig thyroid. If the synthetics don't work, perhaps the armour will. Best of luck; it's a rollercoaster.
    Sharon

Old 08-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yes i have heard of that one but my endo says she dont give out that med so im going to my internal medicine dr and asking him and im leaving my endo cause she dont seem to be helping me at all i feel ok but today is just the 1st day but at least im not fainting or having them horrible seizures and she didnt believe me when i told her the levoxyl was causing all my trouble but its been 8 days without it and i havent fell since nor had a seizure i do have the horrible headaches but thats because my tsh is high so i will keep you posted on how i do if not when i see my new internal medicine dr im asking him about it she my endo said she only gives out levoxyl ,synthyrold and levothyroxine and when i told her all my symtons she blamed it on something else said its not my thyrold or the medicine doing it well seems funny that all the symtons went away once i stopped the levoxyl it took like 7 days but thank goodness its gone i was a total mess i was extremly nervous ,diarea,excessive sweating,blackouts ,seizures .no appetite didnt eat for a week lost 15-20 pounds fast heart rate couldnt sleep and i even showed her the pamplet from the drugstore and she still wouldnt listen to me so im not going back to her and i allways thought a endo was suppose to be good at dealing with the thyrold well i'll just stick with a internal medicine dr and he treats everything anyway .i will keep you posted on how i do this 2nd time around but im so proud of myself im going into stores and everything again and its been mos since i did that cause anytime id go in a store id fall and im not ever going to let that happen again if i faint even once im stopping the meds again.
    vickie

Last edited by vickie45; 08-15-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
    Bran'sNana
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

yeah Vicky, I told you you were overmedicated a good month or more ago. I hope this works for you,and keeps you from going hyper again.Is there anyone on a smaller dose of this like between 25 and 50? Maybe Armour would be better for her as someone suggested.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smile Re: starting back on 50 mcgs of levothyroxine hope this time around works.

yes brans im asking my internal dr as soon as i see him because to be honest back in jan 07 till around may i never really felt good on levothyroxine either i was within normal range at 1.1 and t4 was 1.9 and i had no energy very very depressed and he had me on 75 and wanted to up me to 100 and he also thought i was bipolar which all along it was the medication and him over medicating me maybe i just am one of those people who dont need a high dose but i hear alot about armour and maybe that would be the best for me cause i have tried 3 different brands and none have seemed to work well for me .and im not even going back to the endo because if she was a good endo then she'd have known what was going on and i told her about the seizures and she said nope thats not possible well it was possible my hubby even sees that now about last month i was taking a walk and i blackedout on the sidewalk and didnt even know what happen when i woke up at the hospital they thought i was overdosed on something boy was i she had me on the wrong brand for one and i was only taking the 25's then im giving this med till the weekend and if i dont feel any change im going to take them till i get in to see my internal med dr .
    thanks both of you i love this board it really has helped me in alot of ways all you on here are like my dr more then my drs were .
    thanks
    vickie

Closed Thread