It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Can anyone here interpret Cortisol labs?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
    MCKMN
    (female)

MCKMN HB User
    Question Can anyone here interpret Cortisol labs?

I just had this test done.They were basicaly checking for adrenal fatigue..

What is a OPTIMAL morning C level?

AM ACTH is 13

My Base AM cortisol level
    then I was stimmed with cortrosyn .25mg injection,and ONLY tested at 60 minutes..Reading @ 60 min was 27.8

Does my base level seem low too you..I am havinga very rough time with fatigue,I do have Hashimoto's ( thyroid levels are really good ) and take Armour for this.

Can anyone here offer me some thoughts on these labs Please...

I do have some other health issues.. PCOS/ Insulin resistance, High Blood Pressure...Ihave been ill on and off for 7months.. on again, andoff again Nausea,..dizziness,sometimes light headed as well, I am getting these dark brown patches of skin popping up on toes, ankle,knees, and a few small patches on my face. I have terrible memory as well..the list is really endless...The worst symptomof all, is this gods awful INTENSE salt craving.. I not only eat jars of pickles, but drink the juice as well..it is awful...something else that is wierd,but I crave BEER as well..not all the time,but it does happen *odd*
    I also have this gross thick white coating on my tongue,this awful taste in my mouth.. they are sayingitisfrom reflux,butIam NOT 100% convinced it is..this issue started during my12 wk of pregnancy..so been dealing with this for about 16months now..I have what they DX'd me as Burning Mouth syndrome too this is lovely *NOT*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Missy
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MCKMN; 08-15-2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: addig toothread

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
    seconhand
    (female)

seconhand HB User
    Re: Can anyone here interpret Cortisol labs?

Hello,
    You should check with the Addison's board. There is a person, HarmoneMan, that is quite knowledgable on the ACTH testing. I had one done in March. HarmoneMan said my readings were secondary adrenal insufficiency; my Dr. said I was within normal range. Adrenal fatique can be caused by many things; the thyroid plays a major role in this, too. Fibromyalgia can also bring about adrenal fatique.
    Best of luck. The search for answers can be all-consuming so if you can, don't get too wrapped up and focused on your ailments. You will get better!! :>)
    Sharon

Old 08-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
    seconhand
    (female)

seconhand HB User
    Re: Can anyone here interpret Cortisol labs?

Hi MCKMN,
    I failed to read your entire post before my post. Do you get yeast infections frequently? A white coating on the tongue can indicate candida albicans. Candida overgrowth can sure lead to some horrendous symptoms, too. Take care.
    Sharon

Closed Thread