It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Anyone have nausea from hypothyroidism?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User
    Anyone have nausea from hypothyroidism?

Anyone have nausea from hypothyroidism? I was off meds for 1 month and now at my 5 week mark with a low dose of armour. I get nausea and kinda like a empty burning sensation in my stomach. Anyone had that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
    FinnMaid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
    Re: Anyone have nausea from hypothyroidism?

I have nausea easily when hypo - hits me in a car (more than usual) and especially on an empty stomach - it's one of my "dose needs adjusting" -symptoms

Last edited by FinnMaid; 09-01-2007 at 01:51 PM.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
    LuvMyLilDoggie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Interesting. I never thought about it before but I have been getting nausious at times lately and am about to get an increase in my meds as soon as I see the doctor again.

Love, Barb

Old 09-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
    homie78
    (female)

homie78 HB User
    Cool Re: Anyone have nausea from hypothyroidism?

For the past few years I have had severe burning in my stomach (started with certain foods, now just about anything I eat) Get nausea every now and again, not a daily thing, but experience it maybe 2-3 times per month depends. Not sure if associated with Thyroid or not, according to my primary, anything and everything I feel/experience is "thyroid related"

Mylanta seems to work well for the burning, I also like Tums extra strength. I have also found that drinking a glass of milk (which I despise! ) helps when feeling the nausea and/or burning.

Wish you luck and good health!

Old 09-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

Yes I have nausea.. some days I wake up that way... dizzy and wanting to puke. Unfortunately that is my indicator that my day is going to suck and more is to come.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 09-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
    Barbara_Ann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

My sis suffered with severe nausea 24/7 for a year and half prior to being diagnosed hypothyroid.

As soon as she was put on medication it went away. She was miserable until then.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:59 AM   #7
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User

Yeah it makes me feel horrible and I dont want to do anything. Makes me feel so weak too.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #8
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

Being hypo can cause low stomach acid which in turn can cause acid reflux. My reflux was dx'd after several months of nausea and stomach cramps. I finally went to the dr after several episodes of being woken up in the middle of the night by the need to vomit (sorry for the TMI).

Old 09-03-2007, 05:23 AM   #9
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User

Nyxie, my ENT felt I have symptoms of GERD but I didnt think that would cause nauesa? He gave me zegerid, is that suppose to help?

Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 AM   #10
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

I don't know if a lot of folks get the nausea with acid reflux, but I sure did. It's much better now that I'm taking meds for it. I'm not familiar with zegerid. Dr put me on Protonix and I'm now on Omeprazole, since my insurance won't cover Protonix for longer than 2 months at a time.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 AM   #11
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User

Yeah thats why im on zegerid cause of insurance. I dont really take it though. I think my nausea either has to do with my hypothyroidism since I had to start all over with meds at a low dose of 30mg's of armour or its cause I have constant congestion in my nose/sinuses and throat that I keep swallowing.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 AM   #12
    tawnyjade
    (female)

tawnyjade HB User

Ask your doctor about Flonase for the drainage. I had that problem and it made me nauseas, too. Not to mention how gross it is!
    There is a generic for Flonase now and my insurance co-pay is only $5. Flonase co-pay was $20 I think.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #13
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User

Im on nasonex is that the same? Ive been on it for about 3 weeks, it helps the blurred drunking feeling that i used to have.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #14
    Bekah61
    (female)

Bekah61 HB User

I also have hypothyroidism, I was on 75mcg. which wasn't enough so I was tested again and my Dr. upped my dosage to 100mcg. For a few months I was feeling major fatigue,nausea, loss of hair, felt like I go hit by a Mac Truck anyways, I was tested again and come to find out I was on too much synthroid, thats why I was feeling like this. For the past few weeks I have been taking a tad over 75mcg and a tad under 100mcg. it probally is about 88 mcg. now weird dosage huh! But anyways, I'm feeling much better its amazing how such a little dosage change makes a difference. Maybe your dose is too high I hope thats all it is for u. Good luck hope everything works out for u. God Bless, Bekah61

Old 09-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #15
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

For the nasal response. Flonase is goodd, but Nasonex covers more allergens and covers pollution irritants like smoke that Flonase does not. However.. Flonase now has a generic.. sooo.. it comes down to choice.

Also something that has help almost as much and maybe more in some cases is the ponaris nasal oil. You can buy it over the counter, but most pharmacies have to order it.

Also a good decongestant to dry up some of the increased mucus will help as well [Barring BP and heart related restrictions on decongestants].

Sincerely,
    MG

Closed Thread