It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Anyone on Synthroid and the new Nardil?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
    midniteblue
    (female)

midniteblue HB User
    Unhappy Anyone on Synthroid and the new Nardil?

Anyone taking both the new Nardil (reformulated) that's been out since around 2003, and taking Synthroid for hypothyroid? I am and having problems. When I take my Synthroid, wait an hour, then eat and then take my Nardil I get alot of jitters and tremors and when I take my Centrum multivitamin and Calcium from Citrate suppplement, it gets rid of my tremors and jitters and don't know why but glad it goes away. Doctors and pharmacists say there are no interactions between Synthroid and Nardil but when I tell them it's the new Nardil, they said it is a possibility. I am wondering if I am getting false blood test readings of my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) because of the Nardil. My TSH reads a little high like 8 point something, which makes me more hypothyroid but the symptoms feel like hyperthyroid. Or is the Synthroid making my Nardil side effects increase. I take only one Nardil of 15 mg a day and I take 137 mcg of Synthroid and my TSH is little high but the T4 and T3s are normal. But few months ago I tried the 150 mcg of Synthroid and my TSH was normal like 3. something but my T3 was low and so was my iron saturation very low but I felt very hyperthyroid. A lot of jitters, tremors, nervousness, and sugar drops. My iron saturation went borderline normal when I went back to 137 mcg Synthroid. I had my gall bladder removed 2 years ago too. The symptoms are pretty bad if anyone knows about this please let me know. Thanks so much for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread