It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Got my TSH back

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
    missy101
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

missy101 HB User
    Got my TSH back

Last week I had to beg to have labs done because I have had many symptoms which are really imparing my life. I had a TSH and a T4 (had to practically beg for the T4). I only have the TSH back now - getting other one back tomorrow.

TSH - 0.37

Doesnt this seem quite low. RN said it is normal...and when I asked her the range she said anything above 0.3 is normal. I said, "Boy that is pretty borderline tho, isnt it?" I said this because looking back, I always tend to run borderline low on this test - but this is the lowest thus far. She said - well maybe this is just normal for me.

What do you think??

These are my symptoms:

List of long term symptoms:

Hx of Anxiety, SVT, Depression, Irritability, PVCs and PACs and Fatigue
    (Anxiety, Tachycardia and Palpitations controlled with Klonopin and Metoprolol)

Allergies – seasonal

Highly sensitive in general – to EVERYTHING (mosquito bite gets huge and red – everything seems exaggerated)

Symptoms since having child (3 years ago):

Heavy periods with clotting
    Irregularity in periods
    Breast tenderness
    Major bloating in abdomen and chest prior to period
    Lightheadedness
    Low BP
    Mood Swings
    Brain Fog
    Very low energy levels
    Increasingly severe fatigue
    Insomnia (recent)
    Hot Flashes (recent)
    Increased Irritability
    Increase in headaches – sinus type
    Body aches
    Exercise Intolerance
    Extreme difficulty losing extra 20lbs – all around waist and breast area

Thanks!!

Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Got my TSH back

First of all, it isn't the nurse's job to interpret your tests, especially those she clearly has no understanding about. I would be livid if she said that to me, knowing what I know about borderline "normal" results.

I hope you got the free T4 test. It's better than total T4. Because you have symptoms that might be related to overactive thyroid, you also need free T3 and TSI antibodies tests. Wait and see what the new TSH and the T4 results show before insisting on the others.

Will be waiting to hear how they turn out.

Closed Thread