It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Left Lobe Thyroidectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
    LaDawn8284
    (female)

LaDawn8284 HB User
    Left Lobe Thyroidectomy

I recently had to have the left lobe of my thyroidectomy due to a calcified nodule that was pressing on my esophogus and causing choking...turned out benign . The doctors (family and surgeon) said I was euthyroid, in other words I am niether hypo or hyper ..according to them. my TSH 2.5 before surgery. Could not get doctor to do the FreeT3 or Free T4 and in fact I don't think he did any other than the TSH. Really disgusted with him. Cannot get into a endocronologist until November!!!! Need to have blood tests in two weeks to see where I am at with thyroid. In the meantime I found a MD [removed] that is also a homopathic doctor and she will do the tests for me as soon as I see her. She also said she thinks I have Adrenal Fatigue, which I was diagnosed with three years ago. Doubt that has changed. I had a botched hysterectomy/bladder tuck in 1998 and that was the beginning of my hell and was in the hospital ten days. Nearly bled to death. Was sick for the full year after my surgery. I was DX with Fibromyalgia the next year after my gallbladder removed and surgical hernia repair. It has been downhill ever since. I have had a total of 6 surgeries since 1998..the last being this thyroid surgery August 22nd. I suffer from Fibromyalgia, Sleep Apnea, Severe Insomnia, Restless Leg Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, HBP, GERD, Menopause and possibly Hypothyroid. I have been so disgusted with the doctors these past seven years. I have suffered terribly with insomnia which I think is the worst thing because if I can't sleep I can't function. I had to quit working because I could not stay awake during the day and was so sick all the time. I loved my job and miss working. I have worked hard to get off all meds (all the doctors want to do is prescribes lots of meds..usually anti-depressants which have done nothing for me except get me fat!) except I take HBP meds, muscle relaxer at night and occasional sleep meds (Usually after 3 to 4 days of no sleep...then I crash with a sleep med) I feel so upset about not being able to sleep and my body is so tired. I have not dreamed in a couple of years....don't sleep deep...don't dream. Any suggestions from anyone would be so well received. Sorry this is so long.

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-05-2007 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
    suncat
    (female)

suncat HB User
    Re: Left Lobe Thyroidectomy

Hi, so sorry nobody replied to you but I can identify with what you are going through. I also had a hysterectomy with both ovaries removed, back in 2003 and that is when my personal hell started. I got so sick after the surgery with nausea, anxiety, sleeplessness, etc. I always had a history of an enlarged thyroid and that went out of whack after the hyst. due to the hormonal imbalance. I had the right lobe removed and the nodule was benign. Then in 2005 I developed LPR, acid reflux into the throat and in 2006 pelvic floor dysfunction with possible interstitial cystitis. I've been an RN for 27 years and am so disgusted with the medical field. I was led down the wrong path and it kept spiraling out of control. Now don't get me wrong, my OB/GYN thought I had an enlarged fibroid but it turned out to be adenomyosis which is endometriosis inside the uterine muscle wall and the only way to know is after the surgery on a pathology report. BUT.... the symptoms I had continued AFTER the surgery and all along I think I had the pelvic muscle spasms and dysfunction. Sigh......to make a long story short I have had every immaginable test done, bloodwork and nothing shows up even though I have chronic pelvic pain, nausea, extreme fatigue, lack of sleep and anxiety, weight gain. So.....I am finally going to a holistic chiropractor. He said my adrenals are fatigued, I need to change my diet to a plant based diet, I need to get my hormones balanced (thyroid and estrogen/progesterone/testosterone). He doesn't like the fact that I am on Synthroid and only on Estrogen and no progesterone. I need to do yoga, meditation, massage, stress reduction, etc. He said it will take at least A YEAR to be 50% better or more if I adhere to what he tells me to do. My nervous system is "uploaded" in a hypersensitive state and it can't get out of it right now, hense the chronic pain. I'm going to physical therapy for pelvic floor myofascial release, TENS unit stim, etc. What a road to travel.

Here is what is going on and this is probably what is going on with you. Your immune system is compromised, and with the 6 surgeries you had you probably have adrenal fatigue. It's an imbalance of the HPTA axis which involves your hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid and adrenal glands. First you need to find another endocrinologist, someone who will listen to you. You've got to be your own advocate and PUSH!!!! Second I recommend you find a holistic or homeopathic doctor that has experience in dealing with complicated cases such as yours. My holistic chiropractor had an experience with his own health and was on the brink of disaster so he can relate. Why do you think so many people in this country are disabled? People we led down the wrong paths. And there is no money to be made in Wellness. Traditional medicine is pharmaceutically driven and doctors look at a person as "parts" that need to be fixed, simple as that. They don't have the time or training to look at the big picture. And I'm in the health care field and should have known better, but now that I've explored every avenue imaginable only to still feel horrible with no relief after four years, it has led me to look into "alternative medicine" and this is where I believe I and you will get help and feel better. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread