It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• TSH 3.2 T3 High normal t4 High normal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User
    TSH 3.2 T3 High normal t4 High normal

Im on 30 mg's of armour why do I have anxiety, nausea, fatigue and feel terrible?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
    birchtree
    Veteran
    (female)

birchtree HB Userbirchtree HB User
    Re: TSH 3.2 T3 High normal t4 High normal

Sorry you're feeling so bad - what did you doctor say about these results? Your TSH says your undermedicated while the other levels say over - ?

Have you tried T4 only therapy (synthroid, levoxyl, etc.) or T4 with just a small amount of T3 (cytomel)? Perhaps the ratio in armour isn't for you...or may be you need to take armour with more T4.

You do have other choices as far as thyroid meds - I hope you will take this as good news.

Again, sorry you're feeling so bad - been there, continue to be there frequently.

B

Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User

Yeah my tsh is 3.2 and my t4 and t3 levels are in the 75% of the range. Sorry I dont have the exact number with me. Ive been on just synthroid only and also synthroid with cytomel. Synthroid makes my legs ache and feel tired. Im having anxiety on the dose im at now, with nausea, tightness in the throat, and poor appetite. Im guessing I need a anti anxiety med or something.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
    birchtree
    Veteran
    (female)

Food for thought - synthroid made me very nauseous and dizzy... so I switched to levoxyl. Levoxyl did not cause the same symptoms. Perhaps levoxyl instead of synthroid would work for you (not cause the leg aches, etc.)

Or perhaps you need more armour - sounds like you do. You didn't tell me what your doctor said...or did you doc not see these results yet.

Midwest may pipe in and have some good advice for you...

good luck
    B

Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User

I spoke to the doctors assistant nurse on the phone. She told me everything was normal which i dont understand. I can be normal on 2 or more different doses.... for example

100 mcg of synthroid will put me at .4 TSH

30 mg of armour will put me at 3.2 TSh

Both considered normal by doctors but totally different strengths of meds.

I know free t3 and free t4 are also invloved but its so broad its nuts.

Im in a suffering state of mind and body right now thats why im pushing for some meds. I feel like im crying inside. Not depression, just a help me type feeling. So punishing how i live like this.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
    birchtree
    Veteran
    (female)

Aw, wdiguy - can you switch to a new doc - will your insurance allow it? 3.2 would not be considered normal at all by one of my current docs...he would consider it seriously hypo.

hope you feel better soon,
    B

Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
    wdiguy
    (male)

wdiguy HB User

My appointment is monday with him, he says if I dont feel better we can up the dose. The thing I noticed today is I am obviously constant worrying probably due to me not feeling better. When I relax my mind and keep it clear of thoughts I notice a big difference. I wonder if its my thyroid that is causing my anxiety or just anxiety itself. Ive had panic attacks since I was 10 years old. But when i was on synthroid they stopped for 3 years. But synthroid causes brain fog so maybe that was it I dont know. Im confused.

Oh by the way mt t3 and t4 are the total. Dont know if that makes a difference.

Last edited by wdiguy; 09-06-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #8
    Clarissa234
    (female)

Clarissa234 HB User

Hey wdiguy. I wanted to chime in with my thoughts. I have NEVER had anxiety or panic attacks in my life (except for about 15 minutes at my mother's funeral), and I have suddenly developed an anxiety and depression problem.

I've been under way more stress than I'm under right now and didn't suffer from anxiety. It's totally confusing and the only thing I can really attribute it to was a recent change in my dose of Levoxyl.

It's horrible. I know how you are suffering. Mine would come and go in waves throughout the day. The good news is I feel better this week than last, but I'm still not "right" or "myself". I'm just learning to deal with it and not focus on it and freak myself out over it. It's difficult.

It really helps if you have someone to talk to who doesn't get completely sick of hearing about your thyroid this and your thyroid that. Know what I mean? I'm kind of spreading it around so I don't over-burden one friend or family member with too much of the "oh my god, what's wrong with me" conversation.

Maybe it will bring you a little relief just knowing that you're not suffering alone and this is obviously treatable or else every last person on this board would be constantly complaining about their anxiety and depression. Notice that they're not, so at some point it has to ease up a little.

I wish you the best and I'll be around the board if you want to talk about it.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
    GCC
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GCC HB User

You are only on 1/2 grain of Armour (60 mg= 1 grain).
    Most people need at least 3 grains of Armour to feel good.

Did you take the Armour before or after the blood was drawn?
    It is best to have the blood drawn early in the day & then take your Armour.(That may account for the high T3 & maybe the high T4). But do get the numbers, they may not be as high as you think.

You need to slowly increase your Armour dose. Also, try to split the dose into 2 doses and try taking it sub-lingually (under the tongue).

I hope this helps & I hope you feel better soon.
    : )

Closed Thread