It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Can Anyone Help Me With My FSH, LH And Testosterone Results Please?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
    Tifferzz
    (female)

Tifferzz HB User
    Can Anyone Help Me With My FSH, LH And Testosterone Results Please?

I know this is the Thyroid board, but I have posted here a few times because we are trying to figure out what is wrong with me. My doctor thought it was a Thyroid problem, but my levels came back in the normal ranges. I did post those results here maybe like a month ago. A few of you mentioned to me here that I should have my Ferritin level checked. I did that and my ferritin result was 21. I also had my Cortisol levels checked, those were a little high for the times that I had the blood drawn. I think I mentioned here the last time I posted that my Gyno. Doctor was sending me to get my FSH, LH and Testosterone levels checked. I just did that .... and got the results back in the mail today. I have NOOOOO idea what they mean. They are confusing me!! So, since a lot of you know a lot about this stuff, and have been tested yourself for these things .... I wanted to post here to see if you all can help me with my results?? I am 34 years old. I had these tests done on the 3rd day of my period. I will post them below:

FSH - My result was: 19
    Reference Range:
    Follicular Phase - ( 2.5 - 10.2 )
    Mid-Cycle Peak - ( 3.1 - 17.7 )
    Luteal Phase - ( 1.5 - 9.1 )
    Postmenopausal - ( 23.0 - 116.3 )

LH - My result was: 5.3
    Reference Range:
    Follicular Phase - ( 1.9 - 12.5 )
    Mid-Cycle Peak - ( 8.7 - 76.3 )
    Luteal Phase - ( 0.5 - 16.9 )
    Postmenopausal - ( 5.0 - 52.3 )

Testosterone Total - My result was: 28
    Reference Range
    Adult Female: - ( 20-76 )

Again, I know this is the Thyroid Board, but if any of you are familiar with these results and know what they mean, can you please tell me?? I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
    m. m.
    (female)

m. m. HB User
    Re: Can Anyone Help Me With My FSH, LH And Testosterone Results Please?

Did your doctor test Estradiol and Progesterone? Are you menstrual cycles normal?

Old 09-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
    Tifferzz
    (female)

Tifferzz HB User

Hi m.m., no my doctor did not check those 2 things that you said. He just did the FSH, LH and Testosterone.

My periods are usually short ... 3-4 days max because I have been on the B.C. Pill for the past 12 years. However, I did not start a new pack of B.C. Pills this time. I am going to stay off of them for awhile to see if the brown patches go away on my face. I am not sure how my periods are going to be now that I am off of the pill.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
    m. m.
    (female)

m. m. HB User

Tifferzz,

I'm not sure if/how oral contraceptives would alter these hormone levels. I do know that in general FSH/LH is used to guage a women's fertility status and as an indicator of ovarian function. FSH levels can change from month to month but when consistently high cycle after cycle, it suggests diminished ovarian reserve of eggs and possibly peri-menopause/menopause. But again, because you have been on BCP and are altering your hormones and pituitary function, not sure how the pill affects these test results. Also, it seems your doctor would need to understand your estrogen/progesterone levels to have a complete picture but maybe the pill makes these tests less meaningful so they didn't order. Not sure but definitely something to pursue with your doc.

Michelle

Closed Thread