It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Copper in Supplements

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
    Neon1976
    (female)

Neon1976 HB User
    Copper in Supplements

Hi there,

I ordered some vitamin supplements that contain Copper, and I've read in Shomon's books that Copper is good for thyroid support. I've read that recently Copper contributes to Alzheimer's disease .. so, what is the new recommended vitamin supplement for thyroid patients?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
    osteoblast
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

osteoblast HB User
    Re: Copper in Supplements

I also read recently that copper deficiency may be involved with osteoporosis. So, I bought a copper supplement. I have hypo so I am glad shomon thinks copper is good for thyroid. But an Alzheimer connection is more than I would like. Now, I have to research that.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
    GravesGirl73
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User
    Re: Copper in Supplements

Actually in Graves disease they found out people are usually deficient in copper, and they are supposed to stay away from zinc till they know if their copper levels are sufficient. In hypo it's the opposite, I think you need more zinc to copper. make sure you find out for sure before you supplement, or at least have your levels of copper checked with a blood test. I think I will ask for these along with vitamin D, calcium and B-12. I had a test to see if I could absorb B-12 years ago and I can, so I take it orally, but who knows if it's enough? I have Thalassemia(Mediteranean anemia) and take 800 mcgs of folic acid every day too.

Closed Thread