It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Multinodular

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
    CingU
    (female)

CingU HB User
    Multinodular

Hi, i am concerned about the five nodules that were found in my thyroid. My levels are considered normal at TSH 0.62-FT4 10.-FT3 4.2
    Thyroglobulin 51.7 and negative for anti's
    I was first diagnosed one year ago with nodules with the first results showing 3 right sided nodules and 2 left ranging from 3-7 mm in size. Some isoechoic, some with hypoechoic rims and one partly calcified but doesn't mention whether it was iso or hypo. nontheless non-specific. My thyroid measured 4.9x1.7x1.8cm on the right and 4.3x1.4x1.4cm on the left and my isthmus was 2mm

On followup this new ultrasound says 3 on the left and 2 on the right but one not previously mentioned,which would make 6 nodules but still only 5 reported, different sizes from 0.5cm-7.7cm and different locations, again, of coarse, non-specific. Thyroid measurements at 4.2x0.8x1.2 on the right and 3.5x0.7x1.2 on the left with no mention of the isthmus. So it seems my thyroid has shrunk.
    I was also diagnosed with thyroiditis last year, since then i have had pain and pressure in my throat, and an excess of saliva.
    No further tests have been suggested but rather to follow up again in a year. But since the two ultrasounds were completely different, (which the GP didn't even look at. I noticed it when i got home) I was thinking on getting a referral to an ENT since I seem to be dealing with doctor's that completely rely on blood work and the last word on the ultasound report, that being, NON-SPECIFIC.
    What are your suggestions.

Last edited by CingU; 09-13-2007 at 06:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #2
    Clarissa234
    (female)

Clarissa234 HB User
    Re: Multinodular

Go with your instinct. Get an appointment with an ENT. Find someone who answers all your questions, not just looks at your lab work and dismisses everything else.

Or

Call your doctor and ask him why he's not concerned about the obvious changes in size and why the other nodule wasn't counted. He might want to see you again, might have an answer to satisfy you, or might have no answer and just serve as further incentive for you to find another doctor.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
    Oleander53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I have a multinodular thyroid........ 4 nodules and a goiter were found after I complained about pressure in my throat........ you can go back and read my thousands of posts on this board when I was crazy and out of my mind with fear about all of it..........I saw 3 Endo's, and ENT, a Vascular surgeon.....all gave me different opinions........ It was 1 year in July that I was told I had theses.

If I were you? I would have an uptake scan to see if the nodules are hot or cold.....I am not big on FNA's when you have so many nodules......and ask for a cancer level to be drawn........The uptake scan will tell you alot.

My labs were also in the low normal range but they put me on Armour to supress my thyroid and it worked well.........all the books say it doesn't work well it worked for me......my goiter is gone and my thyroid is small and nodules have not grown.......So I am waiting and watching.......... I would like to keep my thryoid........

So I get an ultra sound every 6 months now and labs every six months....I stay on Armour thyroid also..........

Good luck and let us know what you are doing..............Oleander

The Following User Says Thank You to Oleander53 For This Useful Post:
    thyroidmess (11-20-2012)
    Old 10-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
    Petra1979
    (female)

Petra1979 HB User

I agree with Oleander, get the nodules checked out and also you may want to consider meds. I have 4 nodules and an enlarged thyroid and my blood levels are similar to yours (I am assuming your FT4 was 1.0 not 10) That means that you FT4s are on the low side and you have room for improvement there so finding a good dose of thyroxine could help shrink the goiter. I am just now starting on 25 mcg of Levoxyl and will probably be increased in 6 weeks. It is a slow process, but it does help some people and i am hoping it will help me because I also don't want to have surgery. The goiter has bothered me for years and the dr. always sent me on my way because my TSH was "normal" Meds don't work for everyone with a MN goiter, but it's worth a shot, in my opinion.

Good luck to you!

Closed Thread