It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Circulation issues - splotchy legs?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
    kkl
    (female)

kkl HB User
    Circulation issues - splotchy legs?

Does anyone have splotchy colored legs? I noticed that it is fairly extreme when I get out of the shower. After standing for a few minutes, my legs will turn slightly purple/red and I'll see white spots on my legs. It's as if my blood is not making it to my legs. I have tingling in my legs too, but I've had several MRIs before and nothing was found. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet, although I have some thyroid like symptoms. I'm still trying to convince my doctor to do some expanded thyroid testing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
    ChristineVA
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User
    Re: Circulation issues - splotchy legs?

I have this and have always had this. It is a symptoms of my fair skin and the fact that I flush/blush easily. I also have rosacea and dermatographism (the skin gets read easily). It really doesn't involve the thyroid but it is more of a blood flow and/or sensitivity reaction.

Closed Thread