It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• new test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 AM   #1
    jeanettr
    (female)

jeanettr HB User
    new test results

I got a call from my gp with the test from Friday.

On 7/27/07 these were my test results

TSH 2.179 Range (.350 - 5.500)

T4 13.1 (4.5 - 12.00)

T3 20 (24 - 39)

On 9/14/07 these are my results.

TSH 3.323 he says is normal

T4 14.6 he says is high

T3 20 he says is low

From what I have read here the TSH is not normal. He wants me to go to a Endo. He is setting up the appointment. I will find out today when I am going. Hopefully I will get treatment and be able to lose weight. And feeling better will be great as well. I used to be so active, but in the last few years I have felt myself going down hill. Every time I told doctors all my symtoms, they put it off to age, weight or treated me for something else and I never felt better. I have had every kidney test under the sun. I have had my gallbladder removed. I have had a TAH with ovaries removed. I am being treated for sleep disorder and now use a CPAC machine. and I still feel like crape all the time.

Now I have to get a list of questions and facts clear in my mind before I go to the Endo. I want to do my research before I go so I can make clear to him I want to know what levels should be for me not just what the range is on some chart.

Any thing you'll think I should insist on?

Jeanett

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: new test results

My endo seeing your T3 and T4 would want a FT3 and FT4 run. The free T3 and T4 are more accurate. Also you are hypo given your TSH. In addition the T4 being high and T3 being low indicates you need your T3 uptake run because you may have conversion issues and T4 treatment only may not be sufficient for you.

Have you had a Hashi's antibody screening yet? This is a TPOAb and TGAb. If not, get this done in preparation for your Endo. Having current labs in hand TSH, FT3, FT4, T3-uptake, TPOAb, and TGAb. Will allow you to hit the ground running with your Endo.

Best of luck to you.
    Sincerely,
    MG

Old 09-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
    jeanettr
    (female)

jeanettr HB User

My appointment with the endo is tomorrow at 1:00. I will ask about other test. I think they did the Ft3 and Ft4 The nurse just gave me the other results over the phone. I will ask for a copy tomorrow. I was just excited that I may be on the right path finally.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

Hopefully the Endo will set you on the right track. Having a MD that is well versed in the thyroid is a must.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 09-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
    jeanettr
    (female)

jeanettr HB User

I was looking thru old test results just to see how my TSH ran before. I came across one that had thyroid peroxidase (TPO). What is that? my result was <10 The TSH at that time was 3.75 done on 8/06/06.

Another test done 2/6/06 showed TSH 2.937, T4 9.4, T3 uptake 32 Free Thyroxine index 3.0. throglobilin QN. 7.8 Antithyroglobulin AB <20.

What makes me mad is these doctors always said my results were normal. They knew how I was feeling and that I couldn't lose weight and was continuing to gain weight. I took their word and never questioned them.

I pray I get help tomorrow and not the run around again.

Last edited by jeanettr; 09-18-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
    grace1908
    (female)

grace1908 HB User

Just wishing you good luck with your Endo appointment. I hope he or she is very proactive and considerate.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #7
    Crystalgray
    (female)

Crystalgray HB User

Jeanettr,

I would like to say hang in there!! I am going through the same drama you are. I was full of energy two years ago before I got sick at age 24. My doctors told me the same crap. I was getting older, I was in my mid-twenties and that was the cause of my symptoms. At the time I had never been sick so I thougt doctors knew everything and that my best choice would be to listen and agree with eveything they said--they were the professionals right. Well after a year and a half I started doing research and listening to my body. I was finally diagnosed with hypo in March. I have been receiving treatment yet I don't think I am at the optimal dosage yet, my body is telling me that.

I saw a lot of doctors at least 15-16 in the past two years. I saw ENts, Gastros, Nephs, GPs, and finally an endocrine doctor (currently I am seeing two). I left almost all of my earlier appointments in tears because I had doctors sitting across from me telling me my pain was in my head--it was stress.

I no longer go into an appointment unprepared. I have all my records highlighted and color-coded and I am much more persistent about my treatment-its my health. I tell myself that it's much better to be "a pain in the *** and healthy than my southern polite self and sick". I wish you luck with your meeting tomorrow and don't feel awkward saying how you feel and that you are not your old self. You deserve to be healthy!!! And, a good docotr wouldn't mind the patients input.

Closed Thread