It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Had U/S and Fine Needle Biopsy - Qs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
    gnomey75
    (female)

gnomey75 HB User
    Had U/S and Fine Needle Biopsy - Qs

Ok, 32 year old female. Had a baby in Jan. 07. Went for a physical in August and doctor thought thyroid was enlarged. Went for u/s and it showed large vascular mass in the left lobe measuring 3.3 x 2.8 x 1.7 cm. I have had a feeling of something being stuck in my throat for over a year and thought it was just heartburn. Had blood tests and they came back 'normal', but I don't know the numbers. I went for a fine needle aspiration biopsy today. Surgeon feels it will likely be benign and if so would like to watch it for the next year, redo another u/s in 12 months and then see. We would like to have another baby and start trying in a few months. Am thinking a lot more about the pressure/lump in throat feeling and don't like it (also know I'm hyper sensitive to it now). Any thoughts from you guys. Also had an "insignificant" nodule measuring less than 1 cm on the right side that was calcified.

I didn't do well with the biopsy today, had some vagal (sp?) reaction and almost fainted. Throat feels tender now.

Any thoughts on any of this??? THANKS!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 04:30 AM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: Had U/S and Fine Needle Biopsy - Qs

If you have some pain, I did take advil after my fna, and it felt better.

Your nodule is pretty big, that's why it's causing you discomfort. It's not likely cancer (and fna's are not real perfect at finding cancer), so if it's causing discomfort, you may consider getting the nodule removed.....it's not a bad surgery, but you can watch it until all your babies are done, and then consider it then.

The discomfort is no indicator of cancer, neither is bloodwork---try not to worry, and you can always get another opinion if you are concerned.

Closed Thread