It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• All thyroid victims, please respond

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
    weavers5
    (male)

weavers5 HB User
    All thyroid victims, please respond

I have started going to a University for help on my thyroid. Because of the unique nature of my symptoms the doctors are doing a case study on me. My question to all that read this is, no matter if you are hypo. or hyper. do you get nausea or upset stomach, daily, weekly ect. The Doctors say they dont see this symptom in thyroid patients . I disagree and need to find out for myself. I have a thyroid that will fluxuate from (TSH) .01 to 17 in less than a week.

Last edited by weavers5; 09-22-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
    GCC
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GCC HB User
    Re: All thyroid victims, please respond

I don't think that was ever one of my symptoms.

Constipations is definately a symptom. Could that be related to your being constipated?

Old 09-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
    cloud2
    (male)

cloud2 HB User

Hashimoto's (hypo). No nausea or upset stomach.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Hashimoto's ... no nausea.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
    bookishmomma
    (female)

bookishmomma HB User

Hashimoto's--tons of nausea when I am more hypo...I used to get so bad that I would have to go lie down. Then I would get anxious about feeling sick and it would be a vicious cycle, as the anxiety made my stomach more upset. Also I had diarrhea almost daily (I know it's usually the opposite for hypo, but what can I say? ) Once my TSH went down under about 4 the nausea and bowel upsets didn't happen as much, and now that I am leveled off with meds it doesn't happen any more than it would to a "normal" person.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

Hashi's when I am hypo and/or having migranes. Nausea and vision impairment.

I log my symtoms daily.. nausea comes on three to seven days a month.. had said week but I was thinking seven days = week.. brain fog.

SIncerely,
    MG

Last edited by mkgb; 09-24-2007 at 05:36 AM.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
    SouthChic
    (female)

SouthChic HB User

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease but I've never had nausea or diarrhea. Is your thyroid overactive or underactive?

When you mentioned nausea and diarrhea, the thing that came to mind was Thyroid Storm.

Where hyperthyroidism can cause symptoms such as sweating, feeling hot, palpitations and weight loss - symptoms of thyroid storm are more severe, resulting in complications such as:

fever
    rapid heart rate
    nausea/vomiting
    diarrhea
    irregular heart beat
    weakness
    heart failure
    confusion/disorientation

Causes of thyroid storm may include:

discontinuing needed medications for hyperthyroidism
    over-replacement of thyroid hormone
    recent treatment with radioactive iodine
    severe infection or illness, usually in a patient with hyperthyroidism
    severe medical stressors, such as heart attack, in a patient with hyperthyroidism

Thyroid storm requires emergency treatment and hospitalization.

Last edited by SouthChic; 09-23-2007 at 09:09 PM.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #8
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

I'm subclinical hypoT, negative antibodies. I've had GERD for more than 2 years. I also get frequent bouts of nausea, but I tend to relate it more to the GERD than the hypoT. I used to wake up having to vomit, but haven't had that problem since starting on PPIs.

Last edited by Nyxie63; 09-24-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 AM   #9
    iona_23
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

iona_23 HB User

i have hashi's....do get nauseated, especially before menstrual cycle. i get hella dizzy and just feel like throwing up. and this just started after i had my second child. i do have a regular bowel but not diarrhea. i hope u find the answers soon. goodluck.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #10
    Samspark
    (female)

Samspark HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by weavers5 View Post
    I have started going to a University for help on my thyroid. Because of the unique nature of my symptoms the doctors are doing a case study on me. My question to all that read this is, no matter if you are hypo. or hyper. do you get nausea or upset stomach, daily, weekly ect. The Doctors say they dont see this symptom in thyroid patients . I disagree and need to find out for myself. I have a thyroid that will fluxuate from (TSH) .01 to 17 in less than a week.
    When I was severely hyperthyroid, with a TSH .01, I experienced mild nausea off and on. My doctor told me that this was one of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #11
    ShayxJay
    (female)

ShayxJay HB User

I was recently dx with graves disease. I was in major denial and told my endo that I didnt want to take medication. About three weeks later I was at my doctors office after having lost 5 pounds in 6 days with terrable stomach pain and diarrhea. The pain was horrable!.. I have since started taking my meds and am feeling a bit better. This was only about a week ago, so im still in the process of healing my stomach. Hope this helps you

Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #12
    nov27,1987
    (male)

nov27,1987 HB User

I have Hashimotos disease also. I do have nausea and dizzyness 3-4 times a month. Sometimes I get a migraine with the nausea which is also a symptom of thyroid disease. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
    Clarissa234
    (female)

Clarissa234 HB User

I am Hashi's-hypo. I suffered from constipation and GERD before beginning thyroid treatment, both cleared up after a few weeks of thyroid medication.

I suffered from nausea in August, but it too has cleared up. It started around the same time as several other symptoms (hot flashes, heart bounding, anxiety, panic attacks, depression), which I thought were indicative of being over-medicated, but labs proved me wrong. I was actually getting worse again (TSH climbing) when the nausea started. It was almost daily for 2 weeks, then subsided.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
    Barbara_Ann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

My sister suffered with nausea really bad for a year and half. She was finally diagnosed hypoT, put on medication and it went away immediately. According to her she never experiences it anymore. Her doctor definetly associated it with her thyroid condition.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #15
    Suey77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Suey77 HB User

I'm hypo & currently taking Armour. I have noticed rare occasions of unexplanable nausea. My TSH doesn't do wild swings though , , ,

I feel more a victim to the IDIOTICY in todays medicine than I do my underactive Thyroid. It shouldN'T be so difficult to get competent care, even when we dare to go outside of the " TRADITIONAL " box. It *IS* my body after all , , ,

Closed Thread