It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Transdermal T3 and other oddities :)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
    birchtree
    Veteran
    (female)

birchtree HB Userbirchtree HB User
    Transdermal T3 and other oddities :)

Hey thyroid buds,

I've been taking 2.5 mcg transdermal T3 and carnitine for the past six days. After enduring a good amount of chest pain for the last 3 days, today I had a great day-even forgot I took any T3 today (taking with 125 and 137 T4, alternating).

In the past year I've had a horrible time taking T3 in any form, even though my labs show I'm an awful converter and it should benefit me. So - this is HUGE - if it lasts.

My hair loss has also slowed down, which is a relief. I credit that to taking more T4 and my body finally reading that rather than this very short stint on T3. My severe hair loss started three months ago. Wore my hair down today - first time in months. Hope this lasts too.

Here's the kicker - isn't there always a kicker - in the past 2 weeks I'm become very BLOATED - some fat gain and A LOT of water - I'm afraid I won't be able to fit into my clothes next week if this continues.

Isn't this odd now that I'm getting T3 in my body? Could this be that my adrenals are producing more cortisol and this is the result (they've tested as fatigued in the past)? I've been spoiled...I haven't had this problem in a while, even when I reduced my T4 from 125 to 112. Of course, I was an absolute nervous depressed wreck when I was at 112 - and barely eating - so I guess that makes sense.

Any suggestions re: the water gain? I'm drinking a lot more water and exercising more.....just curious if anybody's taking anything natural out there to combat the bloat...

Wishing you all speedy recovery and continued good health,
    B

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
    Clarissa234
    (female)

Clarissa234 HB User
    Re: Transdermal T3 and other oddities :)

My naturopath gave me "Bio Active Botanical Bayberry". Says it contains Bayberry (bark), morella cerifera, demineralized water, 20% ethanol. Administered sublingually 2x daily.

My acupuncturist treats me for water retention every time I see her.

Chamomile tea is supposed to be a natural diuretic. I've seen it work for my girlfriend, but I don't feel the same way about it.

Good luck to you. I know I hate fighting the thyroid bloat.

Closed Thread