It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Update:Saw rheumy about swollen face and voice change

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 AM   #1
    donna70
    (female)

donna70 HB Userdonna70 HB User
    Update:Saw rheumy about swollen face and voice change

Hi,
    I posted several weeks ago about normal TSH and having a swollen face and voice change with no help from my internist. I also have had numbness and tingling bad in my hands and bladder issues like hesitancy, so I made an appt with my rheumy to ask her about the TPO being 1,000 since the internist said if my TSH is alright everything is okay and my hand symptoms are probably carpal tunnel and no connection to bladder spasms. Well now I have to go to a neurologist because I had a positive Babinski's reflex and she said my reflexes are "brisk"??? she still did not want to deal with the thyroid and is hoping that my voice change is from post nasal drip, I was kind of nervous and forgot to point out I have had sinus issues for years with no voice change and she said my face is swollen and not old age, like the internist also told me. What gets me is my internist never once offered to see me and check me out physically. The allergist ordered all the thyroid tests where the TPO was high and he did not order more tests or check out my thyroid issues this was early June, did not have voice change then. So, hoping that while my neurology issue is being checked the neurologist will be checking my thyroid also, just letting everyone know what is happening and still think some of this is thyroid but heck I am just a patient not a dr!!!!! thanks for your input.
    Donna70

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
    donna70
    (female)

donna70 HB Userdonna70 HB User
    Re: Update:Saw rheumy about swollen face and voice change

Hi,
    This is me again, guess what, the dr. called and said my TSH was 69!!! and I was completely right, I don't have to go to the neurologist because they think my symptoms were Hashi. I just can't believe what a patient has to go thru to get help!! My internist who discounted me is supposed to be moderating the thyroid meds and I hope I can trust him to listen to me. He used to be very good but I feel like I irritate him. I worked for a wonderful dr that was actually named one of Baltimore's Best Drs and I learned so much that I make a difficult patient. But I am glad they found out what it was. My TSH in June they said was 1.9, I thought it was 0.9 and now 69. thanks for everyone's help and backing me up.
    Donna70

Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Bet you never would have thought it would be a good feeling to find out you have a chronic disease, would you? I've been there and know what it's like. And you're right... too many MDs hate informed patients.

Congratulations on getting the diagnosis! I hope your MD will help you achieve the wellness you deserve!

Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
    GCC
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GCC HB User

It really is amazing!

Good luck and I hope you are on the road to feeling better!

Closed Thread