It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• High TSH but feeling fine???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
    CTmom
    (female)

CTmom HB User
    High TSH but feeling fine???

Just wondering,

I've been hypo for about five years after being hyper and treated with RI. Since then my TSHs have bounced back and forth between high and low. I can definitely feel it when they're too low - heart palpitations, shortness of breath, insomnia, jitteriness... But I've been feeling great for the last six months and just had my TSH checked and it was 12. Dr. is increasing my synthroid but I just wondered if anyone else actually felt fine when their TSH was high? I almost hate to mess with it when I finally feel good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #2
    waratah
    (female)

waratah HB User
    Re: High TSH but feeling fine???

Geezz, you might just be the luckiest person on this message board. Fancy that you have a thyroid problem, but actually feel great! Serendipity!
    Hope you continue to feel great too.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Why did he say he wanted to change the dosage since you bounce all over the place anyway? and now you are feeling so good. I think I would want an explanation before changing.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #4
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

I would be requesting a second uptake scan if you can tolerate the iodine. This would allow you to determine if your thyroid is still functioning after the RAI treatment.. many times it is and is in a state of failing war.. where it periodically floods your system with thyroid hormones. I wouldn't want to up the dose with out knowing my thyroid wasn't going to take it and add too it when it gets in that mode.

Sincerelyy,
    MG

Closed Thread