It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• New to this - Subclinical Hyperthyroid - Meeting Endo next week

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
    tyrkitty
    (female)

tyrkitty HB User
    New to this - Subclinical Hyperthyroid - Meeting Endo next week

It is great to find a site like this to help sort through all thyroid info on the web. I have been recently diagnosed and would welcome any advice.

Went to family Dr in July tired no energy
    result of blood tests - same when repeated two weeks later
    Free T4 1.21
    TSH 0.01

Prescribed Methimazole but after some research and discussion with Dr decided to wait until after Ultrasound. He ordered test after seeing my test results a year ago were all normal.

In Sept T3 129

Ultrasound shows some nodules largest 1cm.

Now case turned over to Endocrinologist - apt next week and radioactive iodine uptake test following week.

I have actually been gaining weight 15 lbs in past year. Possibly some slow down in exercise could explain this, but strange. Slight increase in bowel activity - other than that no symptoms. I want to be smart about treatments and am so glad to have all the information here. Anyone out there with similar situation? I guess I should know more after the next few weeks. I just want to be smart when meeting with this new Dr.

Last edited by tyrkitty; 09-30-2007 at 08:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
    tyrkitty
    (female)

tyrkitty HB User
    Re: New to this - Subclinical Hyperthyroid - Meeting Endo next week

Hope someone may respond to my new results and interesting 5 mo. As you can see no one responded to my original message above. I'm hoping I may be one of the lucky ones. Do you think that is possible or may I be just swinging to a hypo period?

My original test results in July were:
    Free T4 1.21
    TSH 0.01
    In Sept T3 129 (requested this after reading boards)

Appointment with Endocrinologist in October went ok. He said I did not actually have a nodule - Radioactive iodine uptake test was normal. I was on Atenolol for a short time during subclinical hyper phase for rapid pulse and fluctuating BP.
    tests results in October back in normal ranges. At this point Dr. thinks I just had inflamed thyroid for some unknown reason.

10/05/07 results
    TSH .69 range 0.4-4.0
    T4 free .90 range 0.70-1.48
    T3 116 range 58-159

Just retested to prepare for followup appointment on the 28th. He ordered new ultrasound next week.

12/12/07 results
    TSH .99 range 0.4-4.0
    T4 free 1.06 range 0.70-1.48
    T3 119 range 58-159

I have learned a great deal from these boards and I have great empathy with all of you dealing with situations so much worse than I have experienced so far. I have to agree it is frustrating that as soon as you move into a normal range the doctors immediately act like you should be symptom free. I am still very tired all the time.

At this time I'm so glad I took a wait and see approach and have managed with only the Atenolof for a short time. Any comments?

Closed Thread