It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Anyone else have Dysautonomia???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
    weavers5
    (male)

weavers5 HB User
    Anyone else have Dysautonomia from thyroid???

Thanks to all that read my posts. It is nice to see that we are not alone. I love my new doctor but still have the same problem. I have done a great deal of investigating and think I have found out what part of my problem is. I have Dysautonomia. This is not a very common problem. This problem is when you get both hypo/hyper symptoms. I have had this problem for 2 1/2 years now. No doctor has given me this diagnoses, but I match this to a tee. I get the hypo/hyper symptoms now matter where my TSH is at. This is what has the doctors/Endos. stumped ,they may have never seen it before. My new Endo. wants to radiate me again. My thyroid was just found to be 10% active, but that is not the odd part. They dont know what is activating it. It will work then just shut down. This is common in just radiated patients, but not in patients that had it done over two years ago. I hope this works. Life has been hell. I have run the gauntlet with the Doctors in there diagnoses. Going hypo and then having your blood pressure and heart rate go through the roof, anxiety or being hyper and being so tired ,cold ect. just sucks and confusing. Maybe I am just an odd breed????? Is there anyone out there with this problems years later??? I dont mean someone within a year of radiation.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-29-2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: weavers5

I can sympathize. I go hyper to hypo but it is as a result of my early hashimoto's killing off my thyroid.. every time Hashi's attacks... my thyroid volleys out hormones in response.. kinda cool and interesting when you look at it objectively.. but living with it is pure hades in the mean time.. I sit and watch my blood work hoping my throid will fail and I can get on medication and regulate my swings. ::sigh:: What are we to do but wait and keep an eye on things.

You had RAI over two years back? That explains it.. you thyroid is still dying, but not dead. Time and time again.. people who have RAI go hyper again and hypo.. when you kill your parts of the thyroid.. any remaining active zones can go hyper and work until they collapse. Just talked with my endo on this one because my mom is due for her appointment Wednesday and I was getting a few facts for her.. she says once you have graves or hyperT you almost always do until your thyroid exhausts itself and shuts down.. in many cases RAI doesn't kill the beast but wounds it and the thyroid will continue to bleed out figuratively speaking until it is completely dead. The rate of said bleed can be augmented by viral or bacterial infections.. medications.. etc. RAI treatment should be monitored closely.. it can take up to three tries to kill all of the thyroid off. In the case of needing to get rid of a thyroid.. surgery tends to have less long term complications. Once surgically removed there is no chance of it interfering again. I would be wanting to smack my ENDO in the head like they do with the V8 commercials if I was you.

Sincerely,
    MG

Last edited by mkgb; 10-01-2007 at 08:34 AM.

Closed Thread