It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• hard to breath, shaking and very tired

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
    weavers5
    (male)

weavers5 HB User
    hard to breath, shaking and very tired

Here we go again. the Endo took me off my levoxyl five days before my second radiation for my thyroid. I have all the symptoms of hypo ,, but I have had a day were I felt like I was hyper (had energy). I think the breathing problem is the hardest. While I do live at 7400ft. I always seem to go through this when my hypo rears its ugly head. I am use to the quick changes with my thyroid. But now I am just felling bla. After so long all the symtoms seem to be the same no matter what my TSh is. As a lab rat for the doctors and they still cant find the reason why my thyroid activates and then gos dormate. Two and a half years, tens of thousands out of my pocket and I am back at the place I started at. The doctors/Endos greatest line

SEE YOU IN SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS.

Just needed to vent

Last edited by weavers5; 09-30-2007 at 08:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
    GravesGirl73
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User
    Re: hard to breath, shaking and very tired

Why did you recieve RAI in the first place? Did you have Graves and one time wasn't enough?

Old 09-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
    weavers5
    (male)

weavers5 HB User

I was finally diagnosed with graves in december 2004 and radiated in June 2005. I was under the idea it worked from what the doctors told me. Since then till now my thyroid has gone up (TSH) and bottomed out within weeks. There was no controlling it. I am at the point now that all hyper/hypo symptoms are all mixed up. The doctors ,as you all know, think I am full of it.

Just tired of the whole thing at this point.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

I so wish they had tried the Anti Thyroid drugs on you first. My youngest Aunt is Graves and they told her RAi she told them where to take that.. and countered with ATD first.. surgery if we can not make that work. Well it has been seven years.. this past year.. the symptoms started fighting back through the medications and she is heading hyper again.. so a bump in the ATD's and supplementing with L-Carnitine has set her straight again. She is about ready to say yank it.. but she doesn't want to deal with being hypoT. It is always rough and I wish you had been checked more carefully early on. I replied to another post of yours as well. Keep venting it will make you feel better.. then take a stick to a tree.. whack away. Anything to relieve some steam. Don't kick a tree.. you can break your foot that way (Yes.. been there done that was much younger.. still not a smart move ).

Sincerely,
    MG

Closed Thread