It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Jelly Legs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
    fran48
    (female)

fran48 HB User
    Jelly Legs

Does anyone have problems standing up for even a short amount of time in that it feels like your legs are just going to give way? Also keep getting funny "chills" up and down my legs.

Also is painful joints a symptom of hypo? There have been days this week when I've had trouble even getting down the stairs. I'm only 31 and feel like I'm about 90!

Trying to hit my optimum level of thyroxine after a TT and I still don't think I'm on enough.

On the plus side (and there aren't many of those!) I'm not freakishly cold anymore so can't be far off (I hope!).

Many thanks as always,

Fran

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
    pinky3
    (female)

pinky3 HB User
    Re: Jelly Legs

Oh my goodness...you have described my leg symptoms exactly. I have subacute thryoiditis for the 2nd time in 6 mos (could be the same virus recycling though), and that is one of the most uncomfortable symptoms I have. I can't find any information about it or even how to describe it. But, that is exactly how my legs feel.

I would love to hear answers to this!

Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
    Barbara_Ann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

I think the jelly legs is a symptom my sister had "before" diagnosed hypothyroid and being medicated.

The horrible aching in the joints that you describe sounds like how I was when I was taking the "real" Synthroid.

I can do the generic synthroid but not the "real" stuff. I've tried it twice and both times I end up with horrible horrible arthritic pain in my hips and pelvic area. I couldn't sit on my cushioned car set without using a special pillow it hurt so bad. Me and the real stuff just do not get along well at all.

It definetly can be your medication. You could try going off it for about 3 days and see if the pain goes away and then going back on and seeing if it comes back. That is what I did. It went away with 24 hours when I went off and was back within 12 when I went back on. I switched back to generic version and have no problems with it.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
    lillymae55
    (female)

lillymae55 HB User

Hello all. I'm new here. Have had thyroiditis for around 14 months now and it will not relent! I've basically been debilitated and sofa-bound for most of that time. Jelly Legs is the description I have been looking for! Maybe if I tell the doctor that is what it feels like when I stand or walk they'll "get it."

I've been told that I have also got Mononucleosis. I often wonder if that virus hasn't invaded my thyroid. I am beginning to wonder if I am ever going to be well again??

LillyMae

Closed Thread