It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Thyroid Disorders and Focal Dystonia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
    exercisemusic
    (female)

exercisemusic HB User
    Thyroid Disorders and Focal Dystonia

Please elaborate more on the findings of my lab work. I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto Thyroiditis when I tested positive for Anti-TPO AB antibodies. These were the results on my TSH and tesing. My TSH level was 25.50 in the abnormal range. My anti-TPO AB read at: less than 1000.0 the units were IU/ML and the reference range for the Anti-Tpo was 0.0 - 35.0. I would like more information regarding Hashimoto Thyroiditis and how to read the TSH lab results. The other thing is that I would like to know where I can request a DTY1 test to look for the absence or deletion of GAG (guanine, adenine, and guanine). My dystonia is genetic therefore I must have the DYT1 gene.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
    Clarissa234
    (female)

Clarissa234 HB User
    Re: Thyroid Disorders and Focal Dystonia

There's a book "Thyroid for Dummies" by Dr. Alan Rubin which is a great resource for learning about thyroid conditions, Hashimoto's included.

I don't know about your second question. We're not allowed to post the names of online labs here...board rules. Put your search engine to good use. I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Closed Thread