It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Multinodular goiter with cervical adenopathy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
    b418045
    (female)

b418045 HB User
    Multinodular goiter with cervical adenopathy

Hello. Just saw my GP regarding a Thyroid Ultrasound on 9/20. The findings were that several cystic structures are present throughout (all less than 5MM), and on the right lobe, a nonsystic hypoechoic structure is found measuring 7mmx4mm. Gland is normal size, and hormone levels are normal. I've had the cystic nodules for over 7 years, but my lymph nodes recently started swelling under my jaw. I just had a soft tissue neck CT with with contrast this morning and should have the results at week's end. I've been told I need to see a head and neck surgeon to have the solid nodule biopsied. This is all happening so fast. Anyone else experience this or have any input?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
    b418045
    (female)

b418045 HB User
    Re: Multinodular goiter with cervical adenopathy

Has anyone had Thyroid nodules with swollen nodes in their neck? The nodes (cervical adenopathy) concern me some. I have an appointment next Wednesday to see a head and neck surgeon to go over my u/s and CT with contrast (soft tissue neck) results...

Waiting is not fun, and I was hoping someone out there has had a similar experience!

Have a nice day!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I had a lump right under my jaw 9 years ago, went for a few MRI's and they determined it was a swollen salivary gland, but the diagnosis on the paperwork said cervical adenopathy. They thought it was a lymph node at first. My ENT said don't worry about it.
    Then 2 years ago I had a multinodular goiter, had the left side of thyroid and isthmus removed. Now I have nodules on the right side. My doctor wants to wait and watch by ultrasound.
    I don't think the 2 were related in my case.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
    b418045
    (female)

b418045 HB User

Thanks for your reply, Rosequartz. My swollen glands are bilateral (on both sides), and in the same spot. I sure hope they have nothing to do with my suspiscious nodule, but if so, I'll try to remain positive and pursue treatment. I've been taking Lunesta 2mg for two nights to get some sleep- GP gave me some samples. My mouth tastes like lead in the morning! Guess I should calm down until I know something and see the ENT surgeon...

Thanks again!

Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

When I had my nodule which was cancerous, I had some enlarged lymph nodes in my neck, and the surgeon removed some to make sure they weren't cancerous. They were all clear.

I think they swell up from time to time, for so many different reasons, you have multiple nodules, all tiny, you probably have thyroid disease, but nothing that you need to run and remove.

Closed Thread