It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• TSH level Please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2007, 03:49 AM   #1
    snodove
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

snodove HB User
    TSH level Please help

Hi, I am sure mine are fine but I was reading on another website that they have changed the range of TSH levels. Not 5 anymore.
    Does anyone know about this.

My lab work came back and I found out I am diabetic. I had been feeling tired which I know that will do and I still am not sure about my TSH levels since the doctor didn't say anything but their range seemed funny to me.

Ok here are my results TSH 2.071 Their range was (0.47-5.01) Know labs have different ones.

Thank you for your help.
    Snodove

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: TSH level Please help

TSH range is now .3-3.0.. most labs have not caught on to it yet.. and many MDs just go by the labs. My Endo says that a TSH of 2.5 or higher is a definite sign of thyroid failure. You TSH is not optimal but not bad yet.. you need to keep an eye on it. Have you been tested for the thyroid AI - Hashimoto's as of yet? If not get a TPOAb and TGAb run. Also if they are only testing your TSH.. make them test the T3 and T4 blood levels using the FT3 and FT4 techniques.. this gives you the most accurate picture of your thyroid function and health. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
    snodove
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

snodove HB User
    Re: TSH level Please help

It does help. Thank you. I just have felt so tired but that could be my diabetics I just found out about also. I appreciate your help so much.
    I hadn't heard of those other tests you mentioned. I will ask my Dr about that.
    I hope you have a blessed day and thank you again. I wish Drs would do more about these tests don't you.

Snodove

Closed Thread