It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Please help with ultrasound of thyroid findings. ( multiple nodules?)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
    Seabreezes22
    (female)

Seabreezes22 HB User
    Please help with ultrasound of thyroid findings. ( multiple nodules?)

I just came from my u/s appt., where the tech told me almost nothing (which I know is standard protocol, but anxiety-provoking, nonetheless). Anyway, the reason I had this done is because my doctor noticed that my thyroid appeared enlarged upon a routine exam. He ordered bloodwork and and u/s. After the u/s was complete, I asked the technician if the thyroid was enlarged, and she said, "It may be slightly enlarged". I then asked, "Well, does everything else appear okay"? To which she responded, "I am not allowed to give medical diagonses". Umm, okay,I understand this, but she had no problem telling me that my thyroid was "slightly enlarged". Then she said, "You need to make a follow-up appt. with your doctor when you get home". This made me terrified. I was watching what I could when she was performing the u/s, but I know very little about u/s findings. What I did notice was her taking measurements of black circles. THe measurements were ranging from .14mm to .31mm. There were probably 3-4 black circles. I did some internet searching and come across the word, "thyroid nodules". Does this sound like what I am describing when I say, black circles? Also, what could this mean, especially since there were so many? Please respond, I'm a mother of two very young children and I'm so scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Please help with ultrasound of thyroid findings. ( multiple nodules?)

multiple nodules are better than a single nodule. you probably have a multinodular goiter. Get the book thyroid for dummies, it's easy to read and very informative. Organized well so you can find what you're looking for without reading the whole book. You might have to get a FNA, fine needle aspiration. Don't worry.

Closed Thread