It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Can Levoxyl make you feel dizzy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
    KimberlyV
    (female)

KimberlyV HB User
    Can Levoxyl make you feel dizzy?

I am hoping someone can relate to what I am going through. A few months ago, my doc switched me from generic thyroid drugs to brand name Levoxyl. At first, I felt great, but then after a few weeks, I noticed feeling dizzy and having bad spells of feeling heavy headed. I have gone through 3 rounds of antibiotics for inner ear infection, and have just gone through a brain MRI, just to make sure there is not brain tumor or cyst causing these dizzy spells and headaches. Thankfully, the MRI was clear of any tumors or cysts. I can't help but think though that the dizziness could be related to the brand name Levoxyl. Could this be possible? Like I said, my spells started shortly after switching to brand name, and 3 round of antibiotics have not stopped the spells. Can anyone relate to this, or I am just crazy to think it could be the Levoxyl?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
    KimberlyV
    (female)

KimberlyV HB User
    Re: Can Levoxyl make you feel dizzy?

I forgot to mention that my thyroid levels are all good at this point. I am going to request another test, just to be sure.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

By saying your thyroid levels are good I'm assuming you mean your Free levels? Even if TSH is good that doesn't mean your free levels are and having them off can cause dizziness even if the TSH looks good.
    If your Free levels are good (mid to upper 1/3 in the range) then you may need to switch back to the original med and see if the dizziness subsides. Sometimes different fillers in meds can cause different reactions.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
    Heckofagal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Heckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB User

Just to let you know I have been on the same dose of Synthroid for a year now and have recently gone hypo again. I am dizzy most of the time right now and am lucky enough to see a doc who understands that even though my numbers are 'in range' that I am still sick. For reference here are my labs:

10/24/2007
    TSH: 2.25
    FT4: 1.3 (.8-1.8)
    FT3: 269 (230-fourhundredtwenty)

I do have other hypo symptoms at this time as well: high blood pressure, sleep issues, and acid reflux.

Do you have any other symptoms that might indicate a dosage adjustment? Will your doc switch you back to the generic to see if that helps? Also, check out the inner ear forum. There is a type of inner ear infection that can cause vertigo, although I believe my inner ear issues relate back to my thyroid issue.

Annoying as hell, isn't it???

The Following User Says Thank You to Heckofagal For This Useful Post:
    Melinda666 (06-24-2012)
    Old 10-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heckofagal View Post
    10/24/2007
    TSH: 2.25
    FT4: 1.3 (.8-1.8)
    FT3: 269 (230-fourhundredtwenty)
    No wonder you are dizzy Heckofagal. The FT4 is just at mid range and the FT3 is just plain on the low side.

What a royal pain this stuff is.

Closed Thread