It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Feel better at night?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
    david45249
    (male)

david45249 HB User
    Feel better at night?

I have Hashimoto's and I'm getting treatment. I'm on 75 mcg of Synthroid and I feel better than at 50 mcg. I have three more weeks until I decide to move on to 100 mcg or not. I notice that when I wake up in the morning I am a zombie. I sleep 9 hours, drag out of bed, don't smile at work and feel exhausted. A lot of days though I start to feel much better at 9:00 p.m. on. I have more energy and I start to laugh and smile. Then I don't feel like going to sleep. I'm not sleepy and I feel good enough to stay awake. Does anyone else who is hypo experience this? Is this an adrenal fatigue thing or something else? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

David

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
    Re: Feel better at night?

Have you checked your blood sugar levels? A lot of times people with low blood sugar will feel draggy in the morning but better at night. Thyroid problems can also affect your blood sugar. For some the blood sugar is higher for some lower. I'm hypoglycemic and I have Hashi's. I notice that when my thryoid levels are off my low blood sugar is worse. (low blood sugar runs in my family. Had that long before I had Hashi's)
    Might be something you want to check. You can get a glucose meter at most stores and just randomly check your sugar levels to see if you are running a little on the low side. Check it first thing in the morning as well.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 AM   #3
    Brillig
    (female)

Brillig HB User

Wow! I never even thought about this as being related to something physical. I feel better at night, because (I thought) there aren't nagging responsibilities at night (the banks are closed, ya know?), and I can just read and hang.

Also, my doc said that some people are diurnal and some nocturnal. She didn't say why, but I've always been nocturnal. I just like the night.

Is it possible that you're just a "night owl," a "night person" and not a "morning person"? Why does it have to be medical?

Old 10-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #4
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

I also am Hashi's. I am more hypo in the morning than at night. I can track this by my symptoms and the like. As the day goes by my blood pressure and body temp raise and all those other factors. Also is you take your medication all at once first thing in the morning.. when you awake the next morning you are at your lowest and need the meds then. On average the normal replacement dose is 100 - 150 mcg for a completely dysfunctional thyroid. Also keep in mind 66% of patients need T3 as well. Make sure they are checking both your FT3 and FT4 levels so that you can tell when you are optimized.

Sincerely,
    MG

Closed Thread