It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Is hospitalization ever necessary for thyroid disease?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #1
    elphers
    (female)

elphers HB User
    Is hospitalization ever necessary for thyroid disease?

I will be getting my results from extensive thyroid blood tests next Tuesday. My depression has been SO bad that I just want to crawl in a hole. If I am not hypo I will be shocked! I actually want to go in the hospital for a few days, for the rest. I need help! Has anyone been admitted because of being hypo?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
    fromruby
    (female)

fromruby HB User
    Re: Is hospitalization ever necessary for thyroid disease?

Hi elphers,sorry l don't know the answer to your question, but l thought you sounded like you needed a virtual hug l too have been deeply depressed and in a dark place, l've been on anti depressants now for 10 days and l can't explain the difference they have made, l'm starting to feel l might join the human race again soon. look after yourself. fromruby

Old 11-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
    Styller117
    (female)

Styller117 HB User

Dear Elphers,

Im not sure of anyone getting admitted but if you have a good doctor. Maybe you could talk with him sounds like you need a break with some rest and help.

God Bless
    Sty

Old 11-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #4
    Brillig
    (female)

Brillig HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by elphers View Post
    I will be getting my results from extensive thyroid blood tests next Tuesday. My depression has been SO bad that I just want to crawl in a hole. If I am not hypo I will be shocked! I actually want to go in the hospital for a few days, for the rest. I need help! Has anyone been admitted because of being hypo?
    I'm so sorry you're feeling that bad. Isn't there a way to up your thyroid medication? Do be sure that any anti-depressants aren't contraindicated with the thyroid meds.

I'm sorry you feel so low, but don't, please go into a hospital. They kill people. There's nothing they can do for you there that loving friends or family can't do better. Also, they walk around spreading germs everywhere.

Stay with the board and know we care about you.

Closed Thread