It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Calcified thyroid nodule & enlarged cervical lymph nodes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
    amiee79
    (female)

amiee79 HB User
    Calcified thyroid nodule & enlarged cervical lymph nodes

I am a 28 year old female and have been having many health issues. The first health issue started when I was 17 years old with many episodes of renal colic. The stones are calcium oxalate and nothing my urologist asked me to do helped. Recently I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and have been gluten-free for almost a year now. In the past year and a half I have been having chest pain, rapid heart rate, fatigue and high blood pressure. The blood pressure and heart rate are not as severe anymore, just borderline now. The chest pain is becoming more and more prevelant. For the past year and a half I have had enlarged cervical lymph nodes that increase then decrease in size within weeks. I am being sent to an ENT in Jan. I just had an xray of my cervical spine as I have been having back/neck pain for over 10 years. The xray showed a calcified thyroid nodule. Can this be linked to the enlarged lymph nodes and the symptoms I have been having for so long?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: Calcified thyroid nodule & enlarged cervical lymph nodes

When I had my thyroid nodule, my lymph nodes were a bit enlarged, I didn't have any other symptoms. Although enlarged lymph nodes can come from so many different conditions.

If the nodule is over .8cm, you should probably get an FNA, a needle biopsy to check it out further. Most thyroid nodules are benign.

Closed Thread