It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Sharp stomach pains? (with hypo)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
    toni7289
    (female)

toni7289 HB User
    Sharp stomach pains? (with hypo)

I'm 18 years old. I've been very, very sick the past year or so. I've recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. (only about two weeks ago) My TSH (3rd generation) was 244.9, so you can imagine how I've been feeling. He started me on a pill of synthroid (levothyroxine) once a day. (Just a small amount of MGs to see how it treated me) I'm supposed to go back in around 2 weeks to get my TSH taken again.

Anyways, I've gotten used to feeling terrible. I rarely can even go out and do anything because I do not feel up to it. May I repeat- I'm only 18! It shouldn't be like this! But, anyways. About the point of this board. The past few days I've been getting VERY sharp stomach pains. Randomly, for about 5 seconds each. To the point where I gasp and sometimes scream in shock and in pain. They last a few seconds and then go away for awhile. I'm wondering what this could be caused by? Is it normal?

And if anyone has any tips for me on anything at all, since I'm new to this thyroid stuff. Anything that might help ANY one of my symptoms feel even the tiniest better. I still want to have a life and right now, I can't. I can't even work. So ANYTHING, trust me I have every symptom you do, the terrible pains, everywhere.. the fatigue, the not being able to sleep at night.. I could go on and on but I'll spare you! Any tips would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread